Bracket for the throttle on this carb?

I bought a single owner 620 this past weekend but the throttle wasn't hooked up and the brakes weren't installed (see my thread in the brakes section of the technical forum). 

So the throttle cable is there and connected to the pedal and through the firewall but this is what the throttle body(?) end looks like on the carb. It rotates clockwise (if looking at it towards the front of the truck) when at wide open throttle. I do not see any markings on the carb to indicate what it is, I know it's not stock as I have the stock one sitting in the passenger seat in a milk crate.

Here's some pics of the throttle body(?):

yRjZHTz.jpg

eQmOxBD.jpg

tSbypd8.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the stock throttle linkage that comes from the firewall and in the middle of that bracket should be a spring, washer and the linkage gets secured by a cotter pin, works well.

Not a bad idea. Do I need to secure the throttle cable down anywhere? Right now it comes out the firewall and just flops around. What's the spring and washer do? Have any pics?

Hey Nate. (I'm assuming that's your name) I am going to make a suggestion that you confine all your questions to one thread. You'll get more people watching your progress and ultimately more valuable info and help. Title it "620 4x4 revival" or something like that, whatever you want really. Put it in the 620 section.

This is for the 620 4x4, right? I think 620 trucks had a cable linkage from the factory.