electric fan

nissan720

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well go as big as possible. . AC adds an extra load to the cooling system.

If room, use a front mount pusher fan. If not, use a draw through mounted behind the rad. Likely a fan will have two wires that can be reversed to change fan direction

• Like 1

I have a Flex-A-Lite Trimline puller fan. 

The puller and pusher fans that Flex-A-Lite sells are the same except the fan blades are slightly different.

There is not enough room in the front of my 720 for a pusher fan and there is barely enough room in the engine bay for a puller fan.

Having stated that, the stock fan cooled better than this electric fan, but then my diesel engine does not mind heat.

It is wired to a manual switch on the dash, as the automatic on/off seemed needlessly complex to me and I did not like the idea of the fan running while the vehicle was off.

Good luck!

IMG_5975.jpgIMG_5976.jpgIMG_5974.jpg

• Like 1

Oh ok, well I've ran dual fans before on my z24. And I did have a/c as well. I'm not sure how much the ka alternator amp output is but mine drawed a noticable power difference out of the motor with it being low output alternator. I was running 2 10 inch Spal fans but after a while I did end up taking the a/c system out for more performance. And then once the summer hit I took the fans out because I just drawed too much and was running a tad hotter. I was running the original radiator but currently running the stock fan clutch with an aluminum radiator now. Runs way cooler but do plan on switching back but to a single electric fan setup along with upgrading the alternator. Be sure to run a fan shroud as that helps draw the cooling better. I made my own out of a sheet of aluminum

• Like 1

Wire the fans to a sensor so that it eliminates forgetting or not noticing the temp gauge. Eliminate the human error factor. It also helps cool a heat soaked engine when you walk away from it.

• Like 2