510 guy just got a 240z....now what?

compression

First off, sorry no pictures in this post. Those will come later, when I have time to sort through them all.

Man, I did a lot of work to the car over this winter (2017/2018). So many things changed. I am calling this Phase 1 mods (L-series, suspension, wheels/tires, brakes, etc). If I decide I love the car and want to keep it forever, I will plan Phase 2 for another year or two down the road (body/paint, engine swap, interior, etc)

So this winter been hard at work on the following:

-Reassembled an L28 I got off of craigslist. Replaced all critical parts (yes, I used an OEM head gasket)

-Sent the SU's off to Z-therapy for a rebuild...still waiting for those to come back....

-Removed every non-critical component from the engine bay, they cleaned and painted it

-New brake master cylinder (for disc brakes) and new brake lines along with a Wilwood prop valve

-Reassembled L28 and dropped it in with new everything pretty much

-installed electronic distributor

-Redid engine bay wiring

-Made new spark plug wires

-New clutch and resurfaced flywheel

-same 4-speed transmission

-Installed MSA 6-1 header and matching 2.5" exhaust system (great fit by the way!)

-took out fuel tank and treated/coated the inside and got the exterior powder coated

-installed electric fuel pump by fuel tank (mechanical one went bye-bye)

-Removed ALL suspension from the vehicle front and rear and power washed the complete underside of the car

-installed BC Racing coilovers

-Got all suspension brackets and arms powder coated and installed new poly bushings

-Installed T3 GTX2 front control arms

-Toyota 4-piston calipers and 300zx rotors on the front

-Maxima rear calipers and 300zx rotors on the rear, with working parking brake

-All stainless braided teflon brake hoses

-New OEM rear hub bearings

-Suspension techniques swaybars front and rear

-New front hub bearings

-New tie rods and refreshed the steering rack

-New wheels, 16x8F, and 16x9R Rota Grids (yeah I know, but they will work for the time being until I find something I really like or get a custom wheel set made)

-MSA bolt-on ZG flares and all the corresponding wheel well cutting that goes with these

-installed some sparco seats

-installed sparco steering wheel

I think that is about it.....Once the carbs come back, then I can fire this thing up! 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of work getting done..... nice job....

Just a heads up what's the fuel pressure on the electric pump your using....

I dont know if you did or plan to, but You might wanna install a pressure regulator and gauge. At minimum check the pump output psi....

I've seen people (including myself) struggle to set carbs when all along the electric fuel pump was putting out to many psi....

I used a low pressure Holley 12-804 it's 1-4 psi... and you can install a gauge in the second output port.....

Yep, I have a plan for monitoring and regulating the fuel pressure. Thanks for the tip though!

Lot of work getting done..... nice job....
Just a heads up what's the fuel pressure on the electric pump your using....
I dont know if you did or plan to, but You might wanna install a pressure regulator and gauge. At minimum check the pump output psi....
I've seen people (including myself) struggle to set carbs when all along the electric fuel pump was putting out to many psi....
I used a low pressure Holley 12-804 it's 1-4 psi... and you can install a gauge in the second output port.....

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...