SPEAKER setup 521

I am not huge into sound systems but my "system" for my 521 is coming together. simple pair of 6.5s in the kickpanels, and a pair of tweeters ran through a crossover. I don't plan on doing anymore speakers or anything that goes BOOM.

My question is relating to the tweeters, where should I mount them? I was told the B pillars are a bad idea as its way to close to the ear. and the A pillar doesn't have any room. I will not cut up the dash or mount them on top of it. this leaves the kickpanels or????

if I mount them in the kickpanels, should I point them across the cab and back like I did the 6.5s?

what about near the center of the dash down low, in the area of the heater? any other places I should look at?

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been told to mount tweets within 18 inches of the speakers. That way the sound they put out blends with the other speakers and you can't tell what's tweet and what isn't.

For optimal sound quality, all of your speakers should be aimed at the exact same place. The best place is typically considered head height between the driver and passenger.

• Like 2

thisismat - ahhh now I see who is who. lol.

I am thinking on the same lines as you are. I don't think I aimed the 6.5's quite right, but not bad. first time attempt so we will see.

I take it you agree with lockleaf on the whole 18in thing?

• Like 1

used some double stick tape and mounted the tweeters almost right next to the 6.5s. got them wired up and i'm very happy. everything seemed balanced and the music is very clear. now I just need to find how to charge my phone while playing music on it without feedback.  

• Like 1

my head unit isn't really a head unit. just a box with an aux jack. hidden under the seat.

I was using my phone for music last night and had the feedback. haven't trying charging my ipod yet. that'll be the next test.

• Like 2