Muffler options

Brandon.fair

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, works really good and easy to install as they take up very little space. Imagine the tractor muffler that normally sticks up vertically beside the tractor engine welded or clamped to the exhaust pipe. The sound is really nice and is not restrictive in any way, plus the OD seems to be pretty standard so vanity covers fit up nicey ( stainless tips for example )

I live in a county in Tennessee that requires the MARTA inspection annually so they do the mirror on the stick check to insure there is a cat and a muffler and I have passed three years with the Massey muffler installed. The Silverline stainless tip was an exact fit to the Massey muffler OD,ha,ha

Might make some die hard 720 fans upset, but most like the little truck...they say t looks like a full scale Hot Wheels truck :)

https://flic.kr/p/WFvYUc

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

- I second the Honda muffler thing. I have a 2010 civic so factory muffler coupled to the factory piping(with coupler and clamps) . muffler is perfect, quiet, still barks when u stomp on it. And best of all was done just by cutting the flange off The civic muffler. Perfect !! Will eventually upgrade my headers and do bigger piping with a nice muffler, but I will def from now on be looking for this same sound. I'm telling u Honda muffler to factory exhaust piping is tits for right now !! $10 on the muffler, $4 in clamps, $2 coupler/adapter, 30 minute install. Looks great, hangs perfect. Even the piping bend goes right over the axle and muffler sits just aft of it. Looks great !! Will post of pics soon

Yes, works really good and easy to install as they take up very little space. Imagine the tractor muffler that normally sticks up vertically beside the tractor engine welded or clamped to the exhaust pipe. The sound is really nice and is not restrictive in any way, plus the OD seems to be pretty standard so vanity covers fit up nicey ( stainless tips for example )

I live in a county in Tennessee that requires the MARTA inspection annually so they do the mirror on the stick check to insure there is a cat and a muffler and I have passed three years with the Massey muffler installed. The Silverline stainless tip was an exact fit to the Massey muffler OD,ha,ha

Might make some die hard 720 fans upset, but most like the little truck...they say t looks like a full scale Hot Wheels truck :)

https://flic.kr/p/WFvYUc

What type engine?

Still running the stock 2.4 but with a small aftermarket '98 BMW 740il cat installed just before the tractor muffler. Stock exhaust manifold too !

One day the engine will give out I guess so I'll replace it with something bigger, but it already has run for over 200,000 miles and still doesn't burn any oil. Only one head gasket change in its life so I hate to swap it out till it finally goes...just because it just doesn't want to give up, lol

• Like 1

When cold, re-torque the head bolts once every year. Loosen only one bolt at a time and torque to 60 ft lbs, then go on to the next. Any order, but only one loose at a time. This will go a long way towards preventing the head gasket from blowing out every 100K. 

• Like 1