Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

11th ANNUAL NOV 19TH 2017 DATSUN NIPPON CARSHOW/SWAPMEET!! -Eagle Rock recreational center parking lot

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Cars:1934 Ford Vicky, 2006 Scion TC, 2006 Frontier

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:32 AM

LOOKING for a DECENT 620 ???

#122 Ranman72

Ranman72

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,714 posts
  • Cars:68 datsun 510 2 door / 69 Datsun Roadster /05 350z / 08 f350 / 73 datsun 1200 coupe

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

I need the rear window hinges and a window crank

you must have a 2 door 

the car I took apart was a 4 door no window hinges 

I might have a window crank in my totes at the swap meet 

I will be the guy with a canopy next to the green roadster called marvin 

#123 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Cars:various datsun toys, vw bug, chevy silverado, mitsubishi outlander,plymouth barracuda fastback

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:47 PM

Wow charlie spreading lies about me

#124 Charlie69

Charlie69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,063 posts
  • Cars:1966 520, 1985 720 ST King Cab, 1986 720 King Cab

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.  Ask doc510 who bought those doors from him.

Here is my build link:
http://community.rat...s-66-520-build/

Here is my 86 720 2WD King Cab Thread

http://community.rat...20-king-cab-dd/

Here is my 85 720 2WD King Cab ST Build Thread

http://community.rat...20-king-cab-st/

Here is my Photo Bucket Album Link:
http://http://s477.p...arlie69_Datsun/

#125 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Cars:various datsun toys, vw bug, chevy silverado, mitsubishi outlander,plymouth barracuda fastback

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

There was a lot of datsuns, a few Toyotas and a few Mazda, there was a plethora of vendors. Maybe next year I might bring a datsun

#126 Ranman72

Ranman72

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,714 posts
  • Cars:68 datsun 510 2 door / 69 Datsun Roadster /05 350z / 08 f350 / 73 datsun 1200 coupe

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 AM

thanks again Jose and all who help him put this together 

this was a fantastic turn out we had great pre sales and day of swap sales 

thanks to all the customers who came to me for parts we appreciate your business

we had a great time but didn't get out at all it was non stop from 4 am till we left the parking lot at 6pm

I felt like I was in a bubble didn't see much besides my parts and customers and the cars parked right in our isle

Jackie and I had a great time

Thanks everyone

please post some pics so we can see the rest of the swapmeet  

#127 Seeker > 620 KC

Seeker > 620 KC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Cars:1979 620 KC

Posted Yesterday, 01:05 PM

My Deepest Thanks to:

Jose Santos: Right On Jose! For hosting another chapter of The Best Datsun Swap Meet & Car Show ever.

Rucky Charms: for selling off a truckload of my parts, saving my back, and cracking me up all day in your sleepless stupor.

Tdaaj: for driving 34 hours round-trip to ER from WA to supply the southland with another van full of hard to find parts & part info.

Juan: from Inland Empire for your upbeat personality & help machining my parts.

Angela: for driving from Atascadero and back to shop for parts and visit with me and all your Datto friends

Julian: for your continual kindness and help with 620 & 720 parts and for driving all the way from SF bay area

Knoriega: for driving your chop-top 620 and inspiring me to finish my 620 AC project. (wish I weren't 6'4" tall, I'd ask for a ride :rofl:

Red13 & son: For your drive from the Hesperia desert, and to find the most obscure and un-thought-of datto parts I've ever seen. And for your son who is an energetic source of youthful entertainment!

Gene Knight: for coming in from Phoenix AZ area to sell, shop, and visit his west coast SWDP BBQ buddies. And who confessed he can take pics without everyone looking fuzzy like mine do.  

Chalo & Arnulfo: for being such good friends, fun repeat customers over the years, and who bring a comical challenge to the art of haggling.

Russel & his main squeeze Hailey: for coming in from the Inland Empire to shop and visit, is a walking encyclopedia of Datto data.

Neil from Santa Barbara (Or as Jose and I call him the BEWD):for his high energy, solution seeking, opportunity creating ideas,  who was the first to make me feel a part of the community. One who makes me laugh my ass off every time we speak. (Although, I'll never be able to erase from my mind the "gross joke" he got me with yesterday. Yikes :rofl:)  

Inland Empire Meeting Host Robert: for getting me to reconsider a serious health choice.

Nelson: for openly sharing his life choices.

The 510Keeper: for coming from Penn Valley north of Sacramento, and for creating a wild man sculpture (of yourself??)  Forgot to ask if it was for sale? It was really great. And for the spontaneous group hug at the end of the show. 

It truly is a very wide-spread but tight community of Datsun fans who trek from far away places to make this great event. It was the biggest gathering of my personal Datsun friends in the same place at the same time.

Thank you Jose very much. I hope your event continues for decades to come.  

I wish everyone's family Thanksgiving is as nice as mine was yesterday. Thank you everyone who attended and made it possible.  

Oh, and least I forget... A big "shout-out" to The-Powers-That-Be for contributing another beautiful So. Cal 80 degree sunny day!

(My apologies if I missed anyone in person or thanking them.)

#128 the510keeper

the510keeper

The Coupe Keeper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts
  • Cars:1 Bluebird and alot of Datsun 510s

Posted Yesterday, 04:37 PM

Right on seeker

Always good to see ya

Always good to see everyone and all the cars

Thanks Jose

#129 Angela

Angela

Wagon Chick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Cars:1971 510 Wagon, 1970 521 Truck, 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner

Posted Yesterday, 09:32 PM

This was absolutely the best meet I’ve been to over the last 5 years or so coming to Eagle Rock. Tons of people, tons of great parts, really nice cars, too. So many great folks in the Datsun community...it really went by fast! It was almost a blur...tons of parts shopping, haggling, side conversations, loading bought parts in my truck, then going out & doing another lap around to see what I might’ve missed, then repeating the whole thing over again. Jose, you are a good man, your wife & family are truly lovely & generous (thanks again for the gratis tacos). I’ll be praying for your mother in law to feel better soon. Sorry she had to sit this one out...hopefully next time. Thank you to everyone who came out from locales near & far to make this Datsun meet a real community gathering! Thanks also for the vendors who hoard the goodies, store the goodies, load, drive, unload, haggle, make deals, reload, & drive back year after year to help us all keep our projects going & dimes on the road.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
D-a-t-C-h-i-c-k-sU-n-i-t-e!

#130 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 PM

I hope someone took pix cuz I was so busy walking and talking to datsun fanatics that I only took 1 pic of a copper 521

#131 ritrebor

ritrebor

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cars:521, 280Z

Posted Today, 07:06 AM

Thanks Jose for putting on a great swap meet.

A lot of people don't realize what it takes to put on a good meet.

I appreciate it and look forward to the next one.

ritrebor