11th ANNUAL NOV 19TH 2017 DATSUN NIPPON CARSHOW/SWAPMEET!! -Eagle Rock recreational center parking lot

thanks again Jose and all who help him put this together 

this was a fantastic turn out we had great pre sales and day of swap sales 

thanks to all the customers who came to me for parts we appreciate your business

we had a great time but didn't get out at all it was non stop from 4 am till we left the parking lot at 6pm

I felt like I was in a bubble didn't see much besides my parts and customers and the cars parked right in our isle

Jackie and I had a great time

Thanks everyone

please post some pics so we can see the rest of the swapmeet  

• Like 3
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Deepest Thanks to:

Jose Santos: Right On Jose! For hosting another chapter of The Best Datsun Swap Meet & Car Show ever.

Rucky Charms: for selling off a truckload of my parts, saving my back, and cracking me up all day in your sleepless stupor.

Tdaaj: for driving 34 hours round-trip to ER from WA to supply the southland with another van full of hard to find parts & part info.

Juan: from Inland Empire for your upbeat personality & help machining my parts.

Angela: for driving from Atascadero and back to shop for parts and visit with me and all your Datto friends

Julian: for your continual kindness and help with 620 & 720 parts and for driving all the way from SF bay area

Knoriega: for driving your chop-top 620 and inspiring me to finish my 620 AC project. (wish I weren't 6'4" tall, I'd ask for a ride :rofl:

Red13 & son: For your drive from the Hesperia desert, and to find the most obscure and un-thought-of datto parts I've ever seen. And for your son who is an energetic source of youthful entertainment!

Gene Knight: for coming in from Phoenix AZ area to sell, shop, and visit his west coast SWDP BBQ buddies. And who confessed he can take pics without everyone looking fuzzy like mine do.  

Chalo & Arnulfo: for being such good friends, fun repeat customers over the years, and who bring a comical challenge to the art of haggling.

Russel & his main squeeze Hailey: for coming in from the Inland Empire to shop and visit, is a walking encyclopedia of Datto data.

Neil from Santa Barbara (Or as Jose and I call him the BEWD):for his high energy, solution seeking, opportunity creating ideas,  who was the first to make me feel a part of the community. One who makes me laugh my ass off every time we speak. (Although, I'll never be able to erase from my mind the "gross joke" he got me with yesterday. Yikes :rofl:)  

Inland Empire Meeting Host Robert: for getting me to reconsider a serious health choice.

Nelson: for openly sharing his life choices.

The 510Keeper: for coming from Penn Valley north of Sacramento, and for creating a wild man sculpture (of yourself??)  Forgot to ask if it was for sale? It was really great. And for the spontaneous group hug at the end of the show. 

It truly is a very wide-spread but tight community of Datsun fans who trek from far away places to make this great event. It was the biggest gathering of my personal Datsun friends in the same place at the same time.

Thank you Jose very much. I hope your event continues for decades to come.  

I wish everyone's family Thanksgiving is as nice as mine was yesterday. Thank you everyone who attended and made it possible.  

Oh, and least I forget... A big "shout-out" to The-Powers-That-Be for contributing another beautiful So. Cal 80 degree sunny day!

(My apologies if I missed anyone in person or thanking them.)

• Like 6

This was absolutely the best meet I’ve been to over the last 5 years or so coming to Eagle Rock. Tons of people, tons of great parts, really nice cars, too. So many great folks in the Datsun community...it really went by fast! It was almost a blur...tons of parts shopping, haggling, side conversations, loading bought parts in my truck, then going out & doing another lap around to see what I might’ve missed, then repeating the whole thing over again. Jose, you are a good man, your wife & family are truly lovely & generous (thanks again for the gratis tacos). I’ll be praying for your mother in law to feel better soon. Sorry she had to sit this one out...hopefully next time. Thank you to everyone who came out from locales near & far to make this Datsun meet a real community gathering! Thanks also for the vendors who hoard the goodies, store the goodies, load, drive, unload, haggle, make deals, reload, & drive back year after year to help us all keep our projects going & dimes on the road.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

• Like 4

Thank you Jose for letting me join you guys in this event. It was a new experience for my cousin (odmanjohnson) , I think I may have him talked into going again. A long grueling trip both ways but so worth it. Much needed Cali sunshine was taken in and we returned to Washington in a grey rainy mess. It may only be a November event for me, but we shall see.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

anyone by merced, ca or  coming down I-5 for the event that can stop in Gustine, Ca. which is 7 miles east of I-5 on the ca-140/ca-33 that can pick up a 521/620 rear bumper for my nephews truck which is already paid for and  that is to big to ship i  would appreciate it. please let me know