Datsun 240z Wiring Harness Help

kbrown

Looking for some help on wiring up a harness for an 1973 Datsun 240z. The previous owner had installed an aftermarket alarm and poppers on the doors which i would really like to remove and go back to stock. Any advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated. Also willing to compensate anyway who would be willing to come by and help in person. I am from Corvallis Oregon if anyone is local and has some free time. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's your issue with the wiring harness?...

Is it complete, a mess or what?

I don't know z car wiring but I use to do alarms and remotestarts for a living..

Removing the door popper and alarm is easy... my opinion is start at the alarm module and follow the wires to where it's connected and remove..... most alarms are nothing more than power ground ignition and a door trigger and maybe a lock/ unlock....

The only circuit that may be cut with an alarm is usually the start wire...

The poppers are probably only tied into the alarm... so that shouldn't affect your stock wiring.... they usually use a lot of current so there is probably a power supply you'll have to disconnect...

Don't know if that helps bit should get you rolling in the right direction....

• Like 1

A few years back I had paid my cousin to do an LT1 swap for me. Long story short, the project never got completed and the car was returned to me completely gutted with the original engine basically just mock bolted in place. I believe the harness is complete although some of the wires have simply been cut. Im not sure if these wires are stock or part of the after market alarm system. Im struggling to find an easy enough to follow diagram where i can lay the entire harness out and go through each plug one by one. Any advice on where to find one would be greatly appreciated. 

That kind of sucks....

And as far as the wiring harness and a diagram ...

Let me first say No electrical diagram is easy to follow.... hopefully you can find a correct diagram for your year.....

What I did to go through my 521 harness was to lay it out on a large table as it would be going into the truck. I was able to clean up the connections and even bench test it on the table....

In your case once layed out the difference between the factory and the aftermarket wiring should be pretty obvious... I'd remove any tape the wires are wrapped in and redo... better to find and fix a broken wires now than when the harness is it the car... and lable what you can....

To make the diagram easier to read i have heard some people take a pdf file to a place like office depot and get it printed on very large paper...

This should be correct for your car...

Screenshot_20170609-003314_zps92vwwhjm.p

Screenshot_20170609-003331_zpsb2vtwwvv.p

• 2 weeks later...