diferent clutch pedal assembly

Hello guys, i just want to know if someone knows somethis about this clutch pedal, the problem is that i can make it work properly.

when the pedal is not pushed looks like this

18814176_10209403144340982_2303877406545

but when you push it all the way in, it does not come back

18814074_10209403144540987_2456199765552

can someone help me?

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The spring on the pedal assembly goes over center when the pedal is pushed, with the assembly out of the car.   When installed, it may not travel that far.  Also in the car, the the additional force from the pressure plate will move the pedal back past the over center position, and the pedal will return to the released position.  

• Like 1

Daniel's right the spring must not travel any lower that the pivot point with the clip on it. Once past it the spring is actually holding the pedal down.

What is this out of??? Never seen this before.

• Like 1

The spring on the pedal assembly goes over center when the pedal is pushed, with the assembly out of the car.   When installed, it may not travel that far.  Also in the car, the the additional force from the pressure plate will move the pedal back past the over center position, and the pedal will return to the released position.  

when the assambly was install on the car , the clutch pedal behavie in the exact same way. i guess is just a matter of adjust it.

Daniel's right the spring must not travel any lower that the pivot point with the clip on it. Once past it the spring is actually holding the pedal down.

What is this out of??? Never seen this before.

1969 datsun 510 deluxe, mexican version

• Like 1

Hello guys, i just want to know if someone knows somethis about this clutch pedal, the problem is that i can make it work properly.

when the pedal is not pushed looks like this

18814176_10209403144340982_2303877406545

but when you push it all the way in, it does not come back

18814074_10209403144540987_2456199765552

can someone help me?

If that adjustable rod were installed into the upper hole on the lever the pedal would work!  It's like the Luger toggle bolt.  You have to push below the white plastic [nylon?] pivot point or this will never release.

• Like 1

If that adjustable rod were installed into the upper hole on the lever the pedal would work!  It's like the Luger toggle bolt.  You have to push below the white plastic [nylon?] pivot point or this will never release.

the upper hole is used by the connection road to the master cylinder, so i don't this that's going to work. Im just going to extend the adjustable road to make all the assambly go up a little bit

• Like 1