Grinding gears with clutch fully engaged.

vinylman33

While the C fits the Z series engines they (240sx and the Hardbody) are different lengths so the driveshaft will need mods.

The pilot bushing is about $5 and easily replaced once the transmission is out. They usually don't seize as they are soft sintered bronze and perm lubricated. They can be damaged/distorted while re-installing the transmission and the input shaft striking it. This may have been the problem.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, got the hydraulic lines working and got all the air out of them, still having a grinding issue, however, I managed to drive it down to a reputable transmission shop and determined that the pilot shaft is stuck? (still learning terminology). Anyway instead of replacing just one part  I figured while I got things apart......I would just purchase a whole clutch kit and a start fresh with new everything. I hope to start this project in the next couple of days. So far I have replaced the Battery, Alternator, Starter, Clutch master cylinder, Clutch slave cylinder, and Full tuneup. I also have a new carburetor on the way.  Not complaining one bit I got this truck for a project truck and it has not disappointed yet been having lots of fun learning how to wrench!!! It's going to be a sweet little truck when I'm all done with it!

Did you get it going your way after the rebuild?