My first Datsun

Mop

Just picked this up this past weekend. 1973 620 4spd. Needs some work but, I couldn't be more excited. It's been one of my dream cars/trucks for years and finally one popped up on Craigslist pretty close to me and I went for it. Only 76k. Runs and shifts very nicely. Needs typical bodywork but frame is very nice. Plans are to lower it a little and maybe find some nice rims (though I do actually like the original dish caps). Very excited to finally have on of these.

Datsun_zps5gj9ikuu.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few more shots.

The drivers side is the worst as far as the body goes but, hey, what would you expect from a NH truck?

DSC_0353_zpsytg3itca.jpg

Local parts store tail lights (was thinking of removing the 'this car climbed Mt. Washington' sticker but, if you think about it, a Datsun climbing Mount Washington is quite the accomplishment)

DSC_0354_zpsvb7p2hzz.jpg

DSC_0364_zps3gwsy73g.jpg

DSC_0363_zpszzfw41mx.jpg

I found this very interesting. My friend has a '70 521 with the same motor/transmission. His plate says it makes 95 or 96 hp. I guess they put individual hp numbers for each motor?

DSC_0365_zpsnaxzyeuz.jpg

• 3 weeks later...