Floor frenched MOUNTS std cab

sebpv

Geez people. Simple question and maybe his were completely rotted out. He asked for numbers, not Fab help

Yeah, simple question. Still nobody has come to the rescue with the exact numbers he wanted. Hence the other suggestions.

It sounds like he knows how to do the job, but is holding out for those numbers.

One rule in my shop is that nothing gets thrown away until the job is complete. If he had the original parts, he may be able to extrapolate from them the information he needs. If he had the forethought to measure the body mount location before he removed the cab, again, he would probably have the measurements.

I don't know the situation, because he has not stated. Maybe the cab was off when he got it? I don't know. Maybe the originals were so bad that mo measuring would have been possible. Maybe the body mount on the frame was so bad that it couldn't reliably offer any info.

There are plenty of ways to skin any cat. The suggestions here are in line with any question asked on any forum.

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was never any throwing parts away. I mentioned it and will again: all 4 corners were rusted away. Im simply trying to do a clean job and bring it back as close as possible to original. So everyone can stop with the bashing.

Thx Redeye. Time is of essence and the work will come to an end at the end of the month as Im moving out of my garage and starting studies. Worst case scenario Ill eye ball based on pictures like you said.

Haha thx Mike. And yes Matt the cab was about 2 inches lower on the left in relation to the bed if my memory serves me right. Location wise I am not too worried. The cab will be dropped over the frame and Ill go from there and make sur its symetrical. I just dont want any shimming issues because the mounts are too high bla bla bla...

You mean you want him to look it up himself?  Its SO much easier to bash others for not posting it for him.   :devil:

College kid not willing to do his own research.  Hmm...  

BTW, those of us who do restorations can see that your floors were not so badly rusted that there was nothing left to measure.  I restored a Datsun 620 that had almost NO floor and half the transmission tunnel rusted away, but there was plenty to measure off of.  Plenty.  You have a small section cut out in each corner.  Clearly the rust wasn't that bad, so appreciate the help you're being offered.  If you knew it all you wouldn't be here asking questions - you'd be showing us the spoils of your labor.  

Here's the bottom of my cab.  

http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/distributorguy/media/datbottom_zpshuaamvpm.jpg.html?sort=3&o=73

Those are 4x5" plates bolted for the cage, so you can also measure where the holes are located.  Note the bracing under the pans - to strengthen the factory mounts.  

• Like 2

Im not here to be picked on. You didnt see my truck in the first place so quit it. This forum is about helping those in need, not bashing them because they wont do stuff your specific way.

Anyway moving on, Im currently having a tech turning the receiving die on a lathe. Will use the other part as its up to spec. Gonna wait for Farmer to see if the front mounts have the same dimensions.

• Like 1

im OCD(not really) Wait until i post my work so far. A lot of nothing but its the results that count and knowing that i didnt half ass it

well if you have some extras you're willing to sell after send me a pm. I dont have the tools to do this so i had to weld in flat pieces :blush: 

wouldn't mind replacing with a dimpled piece.

• Like 1