So I bought a 1985 720 ST King Cab M/T. It has 223k on the milometer (my-lom-e-ter). Now that it's home I've started picking up on all the things I missed at the sales lot. The previous owner(s) did a real bang up job of really F'ing the thing up. So to list a few things that were half-assed are. The headlight switch is not working, so they added a toggle switch to have the head lights turn on and off. Ok no big deal, but instead of mounting the switch some where the just connected 10 feet of wire it the wires on the back of the original switch and just laid the wire across the cab. Next is the truck has about half of the total number of the required amount of bolts and screws to operate. For instance if a part needs 6 screws, it has 3 or less. Everything electronic has been destroyed basically.
This will be my build thread and I'll post pictures as I go and I'll update this first post to make it easier for people to find solutions to similar problems they are having
Updated: June 10 2017
Stalling at idle - FIXED - changed fuel filter and clean fuel lines out as well as cleaned carb. I took out anti-diesel solenoid and idle mixture screw and sprayed carb cleaner from the anti-diesel solenoid out the idle mixture screw. It blew some junk out and since then it hasn't stalled.
Bogging down passed 3000 RPMs - FIXED - ran some Tech-ron complete fuel system cleaner through and changed fuel filter. Also adjusted float bowl level.
Not starting (turn key get one click) - TEMP FIX - have truck in gear and roll forward or backward till driveline "engages" engine.(goal is to rotate the flywheel slightly). I think the starter is binding on the flywheel somehow but I don't know for sure.
-Replaced vacuum advance lines
-Painted the window arches
-Changed oil at 224k to Rotella T4 with NAPA Gold filter