i bought a 510

gBaeza

Hello ratsun comunity.

My name is gerardo baeza , im 24 and i bought a rusty 510

18425567_10209242285799619_3606654179565

18403499_10209242285999624_3635368442794

18425126_10209242287679666_5775181863691

For the last 4 years i was looking for a 510 near where i live, and let me tell you it's not easy to get one, and the few 510 in my hometown , as expected, were not on sale(i don't blame them) so i have to wait and keep searching.

This 510 was anounced on a car page on facebook and as soon i contact the dealer to negociate the price i end up with a 510 that cost me arround 550 USD.

Some car specs:

engine.- Datsun j13 (67 hp)

trans.- manual , 4 speeds

brakes.- all drums

suspension.- front struts, rear live axle

Now, for those of you that may be wondering, what im going to do with this car? Well, basiclly i want to use it as a daily drive for the rest of my life  :rofl: . I don't want a dragster or a track car(the nearest track is 400 miles away). I want a nice looking 510 that i can drive arround without problems and here is where my questions for the experts begins.

1.- what is the fisrt thing i need to do to achive my needs?

2.- im planing to keep the engine and transmision , is that ok or i need a swap?

3.- aftermarket parts or stock parts(suspension, brakes)?

Greetings from Mexico

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grill is gone, (first thing hit) and the hood latch is likely not so good now. This probably caused the hood to come up while driving. If you replace the front windshield get that hood latch working. J13 is an alright engine. If it runs well keep it. There were J15 or J16s in Mexico and they should bolt right in. Does it run ok? 

• Like 1

i have the grill and almost every chrome ornament,  the hood is pretty much a single piece of rust and the windshield, well i think that's going to be one of the hardest part to getbut  the egine starts like a champ, just a little bit of carb tunig, some cleaning and wireing and is ready  the trans need a new clutch setup, What about brakes and suspension?

• Like 2

Well these days they are rare all over the place. At one time they were several around and in the junk yards. Now there are none around or in the junk yards. So at least you have something to start with. Good luck with it, you will find a lot of help here on the site from info and people here. Love your find. With a little fixing in stock shape they are very fun to drive. And welcome to the site.