Brake system

D.R.F.15

Hey guys, I am building a brake system on my 620, I wanted to know if the amount of brake lines in a brake system has anything to with the pressure of the pedal. 

Thing is, we are having trouble getting the pedal feel down after bleeding the brakes the first time. 
The basic setup is a pre-1991 Z32 1" bore master cylinder with a wilwood proportioning valve. The brakes used are 26mm 4 piston brake calipers from a non-turbo Z32 (thanks to Beebani for the adapter tool) and 1 piston brake calipers off a 1990 Izuzu trooper in the rear. 

Note: this had already been answered in general, but with that out of the way, the brakes still feel spngy and hit the floor. I believe it is because we had adjusted the needle (?) on the standard 620 booster that goes into the master cylinder because the brake pads would lock up on the rotor, not letting up after the brake pedal was released. There is also a notable amount of fluid movement in the resevoir, I am not sure that this is supposed to be normal or not. 
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easier to ask a mod to move this. Now there are two posts on the same thing. I erased the other so ok now.

Did you bench bleed the master first?

Have you properly bled the NSLV???

Don't know if getting the 'feel down' means it's too stiff or too soft.

Too soft.... did you loosen off the emergency brakes and adjust the rear drums properly?

Too firm.... is the brake booster working? A 1" master is a lot of fluid to push with your foot.

I'm sorry I don't know what an NSLV is :X. But the bleeder screws are at the top. Basically at the moment, the pedal is very spongy, where before we adjusted the needle on the brake booster it was much too firm and locked the rotors up. I am going to sejd pictures right now, am in the garage.

Spongy means there is air in the system.

I spent a week trying to figure out why I had to pump the brakes to get any pedal and it turned out to be the calipers on the wrong sides, even though the bleeders were pointed up, they were on the bottom of the caliper piston instead of the top.

It was a newbie mistake, and I changed everything before figuring it out.

Bleed the master first there may be trapped air.

Nissan Load Sensing Valve. It's on the inner side of the frame under the passenger seat.

What 'needle on the brake booster'??? Brake boosters are not adjustable.

• Like 1

Bleed the master first there may be trapped air.

Nissan Load Sensing Valve. It's on the inner side of the frame under the passenger seat.

What 'needle on the brake booster'??? Brake boosters are not adjustable.

They are adjustable Mike, although they are not meant to be adjusted.

DSCN7011_zps4zqsiec4.jpg

that took long enough, sorry about that. pictures are not the best I realize, if you need them farther away from the actual part let me know. But with the adustable rod, we had adjusted it because the brake pedal was too firm. I guess a another bleed wouldn't hurt but I don't know.