Remanufactured A14 1010B H9160RE

Hello, I picked up this motor.  Has never been installed or fired up.  Can't find any specs on the motor.  It came with a 728 head round port head.  Should I run that head or throw an available H95 Oval port head.  I have either intake manifold so that isn't a consideration.  Looking for what power I can get as it is going in front of a 3N71B in deference to my daughters who are clutch impaired.

Thanks, John

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it doesn't fire up it would be a gross waste of time to do a head transplant!  Fire it up.

For what it's worth, several [and I mean several] years ago a lead mechanic at Torrance Datsun took a woeful 411 trade in with a blown engine and proceeded to install an A14 and automatic transmission for his daughter.  Remember!  He had the full attention of the then locally based Nissan headquarters and their overseas parts service and a full shop of very well familiar Datsun and Nissan technicians!  It worked out well, but that was then, this is now!

It can be done, just how difficult it will be given the intervening years is yet to be known.  You will be a pioneer if you choose to go this way.  If so, please document with a very detailed build page.  Others may well want to save otherwise scrap cars and wagons.