Motor noise help bad good?

Noob question I finally got a oem tach and I can finally see how high I can riiipp it ... Only problem I'm having when I floor it my engine starts to make a clattering noise almost like it didn't have oil ...just wondering what can cause that noise ... There is oil in the engine btw way thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you already have a post on this???? .... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/71358-l20b-engine-noises/ .... why not make good use of it?????? Suggestions were made in it did you follow through on any of them?

Yes, lots of suggestions were made in the previous thread.

Did you try any of them?

• Like 1

Go on youtube, i think mklotz shows how to or search on this forum or get a get a manual. What helps is to shave the 14'll wrench to make it fit better. Also remove your batter, if your valve gasket is leaking buy one before u adjust.

• Like 1

Maybe you should read your other post.... you know the one you forgot you asked about. Seems you found the problem and fixed it...

I think I found the problem tho I checked the alternator once again and noticed that the alternator bolts from the bottom of the alternator were loose...

Tightened them no more noise ....fuck (slaps forehead) what I'll do is take it to autozone and get a new one just say the bearing is fucked or something

Maybe you just forgot this too?????????????????????????????????????????????

fuck me. put the pipe down and get a SFM and some tools.