Deceleration popping at exhaust with new MSA Premium exhaust

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you're doing is confusing to me. Why don't you tune the car to run well first and stop changing your timing and mixture just to change your exhaust sound because that seems backwards.

Take it in somewhere and hook up a wideband to your exhaust. It'll be the most accurate way to tune

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well i am still trying to tackle deceleration popping at the tailpipe (Xcelerator Turbo Muffler) doing adjustments during the carb tuning procedure and have had no sucess. I did noticed that even though i richen the mixture to 5 turns clockwise of the fuel mixture knob at the bottom of the rear carb, if i push the piston up the car shuts down. Is this a symptom of bad float levels?

No, there's something wrong with guy.

We've explained this is normal. Proved it with scientific information. People have claimed theirs does the same.

We're pages into this.

He doesn't get it.

I'm actually not even entertained at this point. I'm in awe that someone can be this thick.

5 turns out in the carb?

You spend a lot of time pushing on doors that say pull, don't you?

• Like 1

Didn't you say there's no cat on your car, and you have an aftermarket exhaust? What did you think was going to happen? This is normal and your wasting your time. Please continue though, it's great when you ask for help and don't take anybody's advice.

Well i am still trying to tackle deceleration popping at the tailpipe (Xcelerator Turbo Muffler) doing adjustments during the carb tuning procedure and have had no sucess. I did noticed that even though i richen the mixture to 5 turns clockwise of the fuel mixture knob at the bottom of the rear carb, if i push the piston up the car shuts down. Is this a symptom of bad float levels?

Nope, it's a sign of very BAD fuel mixture knowledge and adjustment.

Try this....   http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/2-write-ups-on-tuning-su-carbs.html   

...but you will need a Unisyn flow meter as you have TWO carbs and they must open the same amount, be each be using the same amount of air and doing the same amount of work.

This will optimize your economy or performance as you have reduced your back pressure with this exhaust system.... but won't get rid of the popping.

Wayno, i mentioned to put his stock exhaust in may 9, 2017...no response, instead he is now messing with his carbs and no clue how to, at least he should do some reading on how adjust his SUS, instead he turned it 5 turns.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET WHAT YOU WANT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you change something and you don't like the results. YOU CHANGE IT BACK!!!

Quit messing with things that aren't broke in an attempt to fix the thing that you just "broke" that isn't even broke!

Padlock_zpsgsc6shqi.jpg

Unless what you want is angry people and to ask advice and then ignore the advice, then you got what you wanted.

I cant believe why other people who have the same MSA exhaust system do not have backfire under deceleration at the tailpipe! I just talked to the seller and he says his car has the same exhaust and no backfire popping under deceleration.

Dude, of course the seller will say that!!!  He doesn't want to refund your money by making you think it's a problem with your car.

Ok. Just received an email from msa seller saying his car has the same exhaust and no deceleration popping whatsoever

Ask him to come over and show you.