New addition to the family! 73 610 Wagon

If you just need the 2 rear hard line just measure and get the closest length... i try not to do the flares unless i have too... I just bought a few lines the other day, Not to bad on the price, but I tried to get the better quality ones....

They even had bulk line available too ...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea you could get flared lines at auto stores, thanks for that. I'll be checking that out, I've gotten in the habit of not bothering with Autozone or Advanced since most times they don't have the part or charge too much. I only need the two rears. I replaced the single flexible line in the rear and the fronts are flex too. So far everything has been metric. I'll be getting back to it this weekend, earlier if it doesn't rain Thursday and Friday. I might as well get all the tools for running these lines anyway since I'm completely redoing my ZX. Having done conduit and swage-lock, I don't mind bending tubing, I just didn't want the first flared lines I ever made to be the brake lines on my wife's car....well, not while we are happily married.

Yeah I miss my employee discount at Autozone...

Thank you! Yeah, I got the lines, waaay cheaper than buying a "kit". I'm still having issues with the calipers. I rebuilt my 280zx calipers a while back, which wasn't too difficult, but these are being a pita, no movement at all. I've soaked them in pb blaster for a few days, used some heat as well, nothing. Well, not nothing, some pitch black fluid worked it's way out when I heated the caliper, so something came loose. I just need to find a set that are worth rebuilding or have been rebuilt. Sad thing is these don't look terrible, they just seem to be stuck. I'm pissed that this is the only hold up to having this girl on the road, working shift work leaves me little time to work on it during my on weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got the brakes redone, just need to do vacuum hoses then work on the AC.  I have a few small issues here and there: Driver window fell down into the door when I was driving it, passenger seatbelt wont engage, turn signals stopped working (emergency flashers work so I think it may be the contacts in the stalk), ignition switch needs to be replaced and some surface rust needs to be addressed before getting too bad. Overall not too bad for it's age.  We're having a "car show" for work next month and I plan to bring the goon and my wife's Scion. 

Found a local guy that does automotive paint. Quoted 1200 + price of paint to fix all the rust and repair any dents.....seems damn reasonable to me, I sure as hell don't have the time or space to do it. I just bought a cheap LVLP gun and will be doing the engine bay of the ZX so that will take most of my "project" time. That and the shed I'm building...and the loft I'm redoing..and the book shelf I'm building...it doesn't stop. 

Sweet. The wife is figuring out what color she wants, she is leaning towards metallic green...if someone has a metallic green wagon and wants to post a few pics, please do. Meanwhile I've purchased a Redline 32/36 weber carb with electric choke that will hopefully be here in a few days. I'll spend one good solid day on the car, get the brakes where they need to be, slap on the carb and hopefully my wife can finally go get some groceries in it like she's wanted to....she has some pretty damn achievable life goals. 

Well, bled the brakes, still need a little adjusting. The wife was pretty happy driving it around for the first time ever. 

36076074216_58f4dd41a8_z.jpgher wagon 

It tries to keep running after cutting it off though, also it overheated (doesn't help it was around 98F outside). I'll be installing the Weber soon and probably flushing the coolant system and replacing the thermostat. So much for this not being a project. 

• Like 1

The way it usually works for me......

Hey, I just bought a Datsun......really translates into....Hey, I just bought a project.

Haha, yeah, I should have known better. It's cool though. I'm glad it runs, and runs well at that.

I replaced the filler hose and started the weber install today but got rained out. I hope to have the weber installed and adjusted before I go back into work this week. I'll probably make her a center console with cup holders and arm rest in the next couple weeks.