Datslocos Cali Mariposa Fun Run Sun April 30th

Datsloco

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got 4 miles with you all before the breakdown :) Turned out the pin on top of the trans that holds the plunger mechanism (not the shift rod) lost it's E-clip and rattled out. Was able to get it into 2nd and limp it to a friends house, then towed it home. 10 minutes in the home shop to diagnose and put in a new pin and all works fine. At least it didn't happen up in the hills. BTW, thank you for coming back for me at the start- I appreciate it. Will see you all at Canby or the next run (now that my car has gears again).

Derek

• Like 3

Well, I got 4 miles with you all before the breakdown :) Turned out the pin on top of the trans that holds the plunger mechanism (not the shift rod) lost it's E-clip and rattled out. Was able to get it into 2nd and limp it to a friends house, then towed it home. 10 minutes in the home shop to diagnose and put in a new pin and all works fine. At least it didn't happen up in the hills. BTW, thank you for coming back for me at the start- I appreciate it. Will see you all at Canby or the next run (now that my car has gears again).

Derek

No problem we never leave nobody behind. Nice meeting you and your car. Glad it was a easy fix. See ya next time. Our show is may 27th in Manteca. Hopefully u can make it out.
  • Like 1

Big thanks to all who made it out today on our run. We all had a blast. Good times with our cars and good times with good people. We had alot of laughs at lunch time and on the two way radios. Good weather and good food as well. And the roads where nice as well except for a few lil gravel spots on the way home. But an Awesome day!!!! IMG_20170430_114954333_HDR.jpg

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...