Speed cameras are BS

As long as these things have been used ( in the states) they've been challenged as to actually proving a violation. They need all the evidence in one picture, face , plate , limit line (in the case of red light).

So San Diego started doing vid that they would show you if you challenged. But for the most part people paid upon notice assuming the evidence was legit.

Lawyers check with the company running the equipment for calibration records etc. And can get the case dropped.

I usually get tickets only really doing something stoopid so I take the punishment.

But I'll still take a look at a legal out.

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

Here in Oz if the police observe you doing it and there is a static speed detection van or a police radar detection operation happening nearby they will be able to issue you with an Infringement Notice.

Usually it's called something like this  -

NSW Road Rule 219 states a driver must not use, or allow to be used, any light fitted to or in the driver’s vehicle to dazzle, or in a way that is likely to dazzle, another road user. This type of offence can attract 1 demerit point and a $108 fine.

Basically the infringement does not mention anything about the intent of the driver alleged to have committed such an offence but that is what the cops can get you on if you do it. 

I don't think people understand flashed headlights anymore.  I was raised when somebody has a blinker on to flash your high beams to let them know they can get over.  I still do that, but people just sit there with the blinker on and plenty of room to get over.  

Truckers use the lights to signal "clear" once another semi has passed you so that he can make his lane change safely, in return the passing truck will signal back with on/off few times of his lights, or use 4 way flasher, we call it courtesy, we alert each other of bears (cops) using CB radio, channel 17 on I-5 and 19 everywhere else.

• Like 1

Here in Queensland we have speed cameras operated by police officers not private contracted civilians.

They are all over the place and over the years their guidelines for how they set up their positioning etc has been seriously watered down to a pathetic level.

Most commonly held public view is speed cameras are revenue raisers for the state govt's here.

Here's a pic of one I took this AM that I saw on the main road nearest me (I often stop and private message a Facebook page that posts the locations of these,with a pic and a geo-location ping from my phone) and then the Facebook page owner posts it as they do with anyone else who supplies such information.

20170427_10011.jpg

Like a speed trap registry.

https://www.speedtrap.org/

• Like 1

^

Yeah,like that with the posts on the FB group are live updates with the times set up etc.

Are they real time updates on that .org link?

Probably not. I haven't been there in years.

I'd think it would be a great resource for trip planning though. Plan ahead and know whre you better be extra careful about the heaviness of the right foot.

Yes Mom, Yes Dad.  I really can't roll my eyes hard enough.  I drive this spot quite often, I know the speed drops to 35.  I always try to drive the posted speed limit ever since I lost my license 20 years ago for too many speeding tickets. Swore I'd never do it again. So get off the high fucking horse shit, mistakes can happen.   Prove to me I was speeding and I'll own up to my mistakes.  I've been pulled over a few times and own up to my fuck up and the cops have nicely let me off with a warning.  Cameras don't do that, cities only care about the tax revenue they collect, and the companies running the cameras only care about the pure profit.  Go holier than thou somewhere else. 

Hey you asked ! that's how i learned to do it a long time ago.When you get caught it's just not worth the effort to fight it.

• Like 1

We don't have speed cameras, just for red lights.

Radar is bad enough.

Those mailed to you tickets can be ignored in many of the counties that issue them. Mine is not one of them... Legal issues and all. Most just pay.

I did go to court and win though. Saved $465 on that fine.

• Like 1