1 reply to this topic

#1 72daphne

72daphne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cars:1972 Datsun 510

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

I know this topic has been beat to death but cruising different threads has lead me to different conclusions on what will actually fit.  I have a '72 510 2 door sedan and looking to get some 15 x 7 wheels.  I really like the look of the classic Hayashi wheels so was thinking about getting some Rota Shakotans.  Looking for an idea of what offset would be best to choose.  I see I can get some +15 offset wheels but I know additional offsets are available if they would fit better.

I am currently running a completely stock suspension on my car.  I plan to upgrade the suspension later on to a coilover setup (not exactly sure which one yet).  I know it is kind of reverse logic to get wheels before doing the suspension but I need new tires and would rather get a set for some new wheels than just put new tires on the old OEM wheels.

The picture below kind of gives an idea of the look I like.  From the info I gathered that car is running 15x7 Shakotans with a +4 offset.  It says the fenders were rolled which I am hoping to avoid if I can run a different offset.  Also I would like to keep from having too much camber on the rear wheels.

b1e0810198d0ba804604aa7b753d9dd8.jpg

#2 racerx

racerx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Cars:71 Datsun 510 and 65 Mustang Fastback

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:09 PM

Have you tried the Search button on Ratsun or on line  and type in tires or rims on Datsun 510