Got a carb off eBay

JoeyP31

So I bought a new carb off eBay. It's aftermarket and I really wanted to stay oem, but it's not in the budget at the moment. It's very similar and looks like the base of the carb and the linkage will line up. Was wondering if anyone else has used one of these. The original carb in it now has 2 wires coming from it and the one I just bought has 1. IMG_1789_zpshfkyq5ml.png

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My original carb has two silinoids and the new aftermarket one only has one silinoid what do I do with the extra wire.

The other is probably the BCDD cut solenoid. Just tape the spare wire up out of the way so it does not touch anything.

I'm young and I'm learning. Lesson learned I will not be buying cheap parts ever again.  Thanks for the help guys.

You'll go far kid.

Just remember that we do this because it's fun, so whenever you think you're stuck in the mud, remember that it's supposed to be fun.

Yes.... fun

And whenever you're thinking about doing something, use the search function. Chances are someone has already done it, and found out the hard way for you. Plus, there's a reason why you see so many 32/36 Webers on datsuns

always ask question when in doubt.  I've had my 510 for like 15 years and I'm not hesitant to ask questions when ever something goes wrong with my DD. Remember there are no stupid questions because you are not sure and sometimes people can be a hard ass but that's because they have repeated themselves thousands of times. Don't mind them, maybe they are having a bad day, but do ask.  Tons of people here have gone through the journey that you have and I'm certain that they did not get there w/out asking questions or getting some kind of assistance.  Also if you have not done so get a book or a manual about your Datsun.

• Like 2

I have a chilton repair manual that has helped me a lot. I'm going to order the Weber but I'm not sure exactly what I need to do it. I know Datzenmike said you have to swap the throttle connection but will I have to fab anything up for it to fit or will it just drop in. Also what kit do I order? I know I want the 32/36 but I'm not sure which one will fit my 1974 620.

• Like 1

to get part number for 32/36 call PierceManifold in Gilroy or go on line like Ebay or Weber Direct, they should tell you.  Then you can type in 32/36 weber on this website's search button, I'm certain that you will an article about the installation and even the part number.  Stay away from Empi brand, looks like weber but not,  or if they advertised "like Weber". 

I have a chilton repair manual that has helped me a lot. I'm going to order the Weber but I'm not sure exactly what I need to do it. I know Datzenmike said you have to swap the throttle connection but will I have to fab anything up for it to fit or will it just drop in. Also what kit do I order? I know I want the 32/36 but I'm not sure which one will fit my 1974 620.

Olddatsuns.com has the original factory service manuals you can download for free.

• Like 2

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/ Tell them that Dick at CHAOS Racing referred you.