Introduction and Hello

Jetmex

Hello All,

I am a fellow car enthusiast. I have personally owned a 240Z, 280ZX, 3 85-86 Maximas, and have been heavily involved in the BMW Z3 clubs and groups. I have two of them currently a Z3 Roadster and a Coupe because everyone should own a set. 

Now forward to the most current... In 1972, me being very young, I was at a little dealership called East Point Datsun in Atlanta, Ga. with my family. The day was so long ago that most of it I don't recall other than the cool (for a kid) ramp out of the showroom up to the garage in back and the most important part, coming home with the brand new 2 door pumpkin orange 510. The things I do remember were the protective plastic still on the door panels and the cool little ash trays in the back. That car has stayed with my father as his baby ever since. My younger brother and I both learned to drive this car and it was always spot on reliable and fun to drive, but it was always "Dad's". The time finally came this week that dad finally let the car go. He considered just selling it, and my apologies to those that saw and responded to the ad, but in the end he gave it to me, his eldest (and favorite?) son. So now I am the proud owner of an original owner 510 2 door. I don't even plan on transferring the title as long he is still able to register it in his own name and enjoy it. 

So that brings me to you all... It's restoration time and I will need resources, recommendations, parts and who knows what else, but please feel free to stop by and say hello, whether local or just online. I'll try to get pics up when I can.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

• Like 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Greg,

I lived in Sandy Springs in 1973 and saw a 2door 510 for the first time this fella would be driving while I would be on the school bus. Man I was sold on that car then but did not get one cause a van was more practical for a hippie type trying to play a guitar back then. I love these cars. Can't wate to see yours. Gonna leave it stock or drop it? If your dad had it that long I'd keep it all stock. I would imagine there would be one around that someone has messed with you could drop later. Enjoy that car and respect it. And if I didn't say it Welcome to the forum. These guys here will get you fixed up. They have helped me with all my 510's. O and I forget get us some oics up of the car.

Be cool

So, welcome to the circus.  It seems you have been greeted by some of the nicer kids on the block.....so far.

We WILL harass you for pics of your car and you should also know that this is a forum for assholes who just happen to own Datsuns.  So take everything with a big 'ol grain of salt and you will be fine.

• Like 1

Whatever you do, don't post any pics.

Welcome to Ratsun! Sounds like you were born into this obsession. Many of us have no one to blame but ourself. Keep this car. That's my advice now until you have a little driver to teach, and hand off to.

Whatever you do, don't post any pics.

Welcome to Ratsun! Sounds like you were born into this obsession. Many of us have no one to blame but ourself. Keep this car. That's my advice now until you have a little driver to teach, and hand off to.

Yea.... little one isn't gonna happen. Maybe my bother but it's doubtful :)

So, welcome to the circus.  It seems you have been greeted by some of the nicer kids on the block.....so far.

We WILL harass you for pics of your car and you should also know that this is a forum for assholes who just happen to own Datsuns.  So take everything with a big 'ol grain of salt and you will be fine.

I've noticed the desire for pics. It seems like an obsession. 

Pics or it didn't happen. Talk is cheap project cars aren't. We demand proof. Because as previously noted, this is a sarcastic asshole enthusiast forum, we just happen to own Datsuns.

By that i mean

Welcome to the fun house. We wanna see your toys.

• Like 1

Welcome Greg,

I lived in Sandy Springs in 1973 and saw a 2door 510 for the first time this fella would be driving while I would be on the school bus. Man I was sold on that car then but did not get one cause a van was more practical for a hippie type trying to play a guitar back then. I love these cars. Can't wate to see yours. Gonna leave it stock or drop it? If your dad had it that long I'd keep it all stock. I would imagine there would be one around that someone has messed with you could drop later. Enjoy that car and respect it. And if I didn't say it Welcome to the forum. These guys here will get you fixed up. They have helped me with all my 510's. O and I forget get us some oics up of the car.

Be cool

Well I'm leaning on a stock re-do. I'd love to play with it but it'll always be Dad's car. I remember when we did the L18 he always wanted it to be stock. We talked about the 5-speed box even back then but didn't.  

Well I'm leaning on a stock re-do. I'd love to play with it but it'll always be Dad's car. I remember when we did the L18 he always wanted it to be stock. We talked about the 5-speed box even back then but didn't.

If wanted to do her up tricking her out that's cool. Only reason I'm leaving a couple stock is because I got a few. She is a beautiful car you have there. Enjoy her.

Very nice. Looks like the valve cover paint rubbed of on the engine bay!! JK. Sweet garage yo have there also. Welcome to the house, plenty of goodies to learn about round here!!

Very nice. Looks like the valve cover paint rubbed of on the engine bay!! JK. Sweet garage yo have there also. Welcome to the house, plenty of goodies to learn about round here!!

Not sure what's up with the general coating of 10w40 all over... Corrosion preventative? :)

If wanted to do her up tricking her out that's cool. Only reason I'm leaving a couple stock is because I got a few. She is a beautiful car you have there. Enjoy her.

Looking at your profile, we are both just off I-55. You can come up and tinker sometime. I'm in Hernando... only 3-4 hours away I'm guessing. :)

Looking at your profile, we are both just off I-55. You can come up and tinker sometime. I'm in Hernando... only 3-4 hours away I'm guessing. :)

One day that might be possible, I wish my place was big enough to put a lift in it then I could put twice as many 510's in it. Where about are you off I55.