• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Finally some oics

IMG_20180327_193935842.jpg

IMG_20180402_114808562.jpg

This is where the plastic glove box latch goes?

IMG_20180402_105830812_HDR.jpg

This is the thing that plugs into the plastic door holder shutter thingymajig. If anyone has one that they want to get rid off let me know, will give you reasonable $

IMG_20180402_105837051.jpg

Also I have to replace the steering box because its loose so thats fun.

• Like 1

Has any one tried making strange shift lever knobs? The one that is in here is anoying and falls off some times and I want something really original.

Finally getting down to the anoying stuff like U-Joints and wheel bearings because it runs and drives.

• Like 1

There are tons of bizarre options on yahoo japan.

Bonvo i think? Has a samurai sword hilt.

Rat rods have been making them out of everything for years.

Get frisky

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys I just found a very straight (aside from dented fender and bumper) 2wd 84 720 local asking $400 it "making noises" so I think im gonna pick it up and put all the goodies I have on this truck, in it. It is an automatic though, I can fix that without a lot of trouble right? I would be able to use this blue one as a complete spare for everything. My blue 86 one that I already own has a rebuilt 5 speed.

*By a "without a lot of trouble" I mean no more trouble than all the other stuff I have gone through including engine replacements and all my other shenanigans.

• Like 1

Here is the craigslist listing if y'all want to have a look see. It is a standard cab which I do consider a knock against it, but for $400 eh what can you do. I love the 84 beds and there is not to much of a difference between the 84 and the 85/86 mechanically if I recall correctly?

https://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-nissan-datsun-720-pickup/6577388064.html

• Like 1

Got the white parts truck for $350, it has some new tires so yeah. It has spun a road bearing and has a leaky head gasket so I could fix the motor, but I won't at least for this car. The plan is to combine it and the blue king cab this thread is devoted to into one truck after canby, paint that combined truck, and then next summer go KA.

• Like 1

I PMed you. I interested in automatic stuff.

Hell you paid to much for that $100 truck! LOL

Your probably right lol PMed you back. The body panels are very good and the tailgate is fully functional so it will work out I think.
  • Like 1