• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 spdcrazy

spdcrazy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Cars:30zxtt, Subaru wagon turbo, 71 Datsun 521, 76 pinto wagon

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:27 AM

if your wheels will clear the calipers, ZERO. if they don't, itll poke as much as the spacer you install. I had to use a 3/8in spacer.

just add washers to gather how much spacer you will need, washers ONLY for mocking of course.

#22 Dr ZED

Dr ZED

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Cars:Z

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

You can find the NA 300ZX around in self-pull yards still. Prices vary but I just got some Toyota 4-piston calipers for $13 ea (no core charge!?) to upgrade my Z

Maybe they thought they were from a Z-car since I pulled other Z parts. Some yards charge more for a part if it is from a "truck"

New seals (rebuild kit) are only $6 per caliper.

I have also found info online about cross-drilled rotors ... stating it really doesn't help much with cooling but it looks good. hmmm ... ya, I also like the look regardless of what cooling it does or not. I buy them pre-drilled. I wouldn't do that myself. I also never go over 100mph so I think the cross-drilling is still more of a cosmetic thing.

Having internally vented brake rotors is the biggest upgrade for cooling vs the original solid rotors. (280Z)

I like the look of the Nissan calipers on your truck.

Who needs a medical license when you've got style

#23 spdcrazy

spdcrazy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Cars:30zxtt, Subaru wagon turbo, 71 Datsun 521, 76 pinto wagon

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

I am lucky enough to still own a z32TT (although the engine blew again about 7 years ago) So I have some contacts. made it easier to source quality parts cheap.

I have never been a fan of the drilled rotors, although they look cool, I won't go over 100mph often either, so the risk of cracking out weighs the cool factor. and to top it off, I cant see them behind my rally wheels anyways!

so far i'm still very happy with the disks!