Start the Engine with no Key - how do you Hotwire ?

qwik510

I have a 620 that did not come with a key, the PO Lost the key. It has been sitting for years.

I want to try to get it started.

What wires do I jump to start it?

It has an EL dizzy.

Here are pics of the ignition and wiring.

Thanks for your help..

image.jpg3_zpsmq0krzrs.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsai7b6mpg.jpg

image.jpg2_zps7nvy1amq.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes the older switches have enough play that a similar key can be used with a bit of fussing.  It appears that it is already in the on position, so maybe even a screwdriver will turn it to start.  If not, the easiest way to hotwire is to run a jumper wire from the +battery to the +coil, and use a remote starter, or you can jam a big screwdriver between the big poles on the starter if you like sparks. 

Someone will be along shortly with the pinout diagram for the ignition if you want to whip up a toggle switch / push button bypass to get you by until you can source the proper one.

• Like 1

Well black and yellow goes to the starter... I think the white is 12v, black white should be ignition and the blue acc...

You should be able to tie the white, black and white,and blue together to make all the lights turn on.... touch power to the black and yellow and the starter should start cranking.....

• Like 1

http://www.davidcmurphy.com/olddat/620tech.htm

Your best bet is going to be checking the wiring diagram for the year of truck and then building some short jumper wires to bridge the connector. Throw the ignition switch in the glove box until you can get a key made for it. 

You should be able to get one made per the number on the face of the keyhole cover. N1608 
Call your local dealer to start with, but a local locksmith should be able to make one easily for a bit cheaper. 

image.jpg3_zpsmq0krzrs.jpg

• Like 1

order a spare ignition swich and the back part with the 5 connection pluges in adn use a screwdriver in the slot.

or have a key smith fix what you got and replug back in.

depending on what year you need to power up the match box or the remote box.

you can make jumper wires to power the ignition(ON position) then find the start circut and short that in the plug also like its iin the start position

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered a key from Riley at Lynchburg Nissan.

Wanted to try to work on it today but decided to work on other projects instead.

Thanks guys

You managed to get Nissan to get you a key? I called up my local nissan, and they were confused when I was talking about key code, and they kept asking for my vin. Told em' that its a older truck, and they told me they dont make keys for vehicles older than 96' or something like that.

You managed to get Nissan to get you a key? I called up my local nissan, and they were confused when I was talking about key code, and they kept asking for my vin. Told em' that its a older truck, and they told me they dont make keys for vehicles older than 96' or something like that.

Yes, Riley at Lynchburg Nissan is the best. He has been there since it was called Datsun and he can provide parts for your Datsun. Send him some business. He ships fast too.

He cut the key and mailed it. I had it 2 days later.

I just sold the truck. The new owner will be joining Ratsun. He will give the truck the love it deserves.

• Like 2