U320 Makeover.

Well today was going to be spent pulling off what needs to come off but the rain has put a halt to that so here I am instead.

Over the weekend decided to wash 10+ years worth of dirt, mud horse hair and moss off the girl. Wow what a difference a high pressure hose makes.

Before

20160408_101851_zpsc1q1pojr.jpg

IMGP2006_zpsp8v0kswo.jpg

IMGP2012_zpswoevuayw.jpg

After

IMGP2020_zps6hbjkvun.jpg

IMGP2021_zpsyivcy6z6.jpg

IMGP2023_zpsmmtfyyeb.jpg

This would have to be my favorite photo of her to date

IMGP2025_zpsv1r0q2im.jpg

IMGP2026_zpsil8npb7g.jpg

IMGP2027_zpsqizv5iz0.jpg

A big job ahead of me but well worth the effort I think.

• Like 4
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a close photo of the gauges also, we didn't get anything like that.

That rear ashtray is a very rare part, do you have a drop down shelf on the other side?

DSCN2820.JPG

DSCN2821.JPG

I would look for a NL320/V320 donor piece for that left rear, what you have is wasted, and you need both sides of the taillight mount.

Does your bracket on your rear windows that opens and closes them have a wire clip of some kind on it, the clips I am talking about look like these in the photo below, I cannot figure out how they connect, or if they even belong on this truck.

DSCN3154.JPG

Another thing that I haven't seen in the photos of 320's I've seen is the little engine fan guard that looks to be soldered to the top of the radiator. I'm gonna make something in the way of a fan guard for mine as I've had several people almost stick their hand in the fan while it's running. Maybe it looks so puny that it can't hurt you. Or maybe it's the 60hp medallions on the front fenders ??

I'm sure that it would take off or at least break up a finger or two.

Steve

I will get some better pics of the gauges once the rain settles and I will have a look at the rear window catchesand try to get some clear close up photos for you Wayno. I do have the compartment on the inside right hand side in the back (was thinking it maybe for the Jack). Haven't been able to locate an engine number as yet.

Speedo

IMGP2044_zpsbiweyjj0.jpg

Temp 

IMGP2042_zpsdxfrlwiv.jpg

Drop down compartment

IMGP2048_zpsikm9vllm.jpg

IMGP2049_zpsjsvcdbjb.jpg

Rear window latches.

IMGP2047_zps9whfa8ug.jpg

Cant see anything that resembles what you have in your pics Wayno.

No jack but both handles 

Going to try and get the seats out today ( if the rain hold off) and maybe start removing external strips/ badges etc ready to start on some body work.

• Like 1

Another thing that I haven't seen in the photos of 320's I've seen is the little engine fan guard that looks to be soldered to the top of the radiator. I'm gonna make something in the way of a fan guard for mine as I've had several people almost stick their hand in the fan while it's running. Maybe it looks so puny that it can't hurt you. Or maybe it's the 60hp medallions on the front fenders ??

I'm sure that it would take off or at least break up a finger or two.

Steve

I think the fan guard would have had to be added to get a roadworthy certificate here in Australia. I don't seem to be able to find a clear image of what my engine should look like or where to find the engine number. Once the husband has played with it for a while and decides it's ready to pull out I may have more luck. 

Well not one of the 3 of mine have fan guards, none of the radiators in the trucks have the holes to mount a fan guard either.

I have a couple 520 J series radiators that have an early type metal fan guard, one looked proper, the other was jury rigged in, you had the J series engines in a lot of Datsun trucks over there, maybe a fan guard could be had from one of them, maybe. 

Thankyou for looking at the rear window latch for me, I have these wires that I was told went on the back windows, they were even sent after the truck was delivered to me in the mail, I might not ever figure out where they go, if you run across anything that looks like them on your truck could you let me know where they go and how they are used/mounted.

My package tray is hidden, I removed the handle and put it inside that door, closed it up and covered it with a fill card/panel.

DSCN3129.JPG

The ashtray side.

DSCN6858.jpg

We received nothing like that temp/fuel gauge over here, I have 94044 miles on the odometer.

DSCN2409.JPG

• Like 2

I think the fan guard would have had to be added to get a roadworthy certificate here in Australia. I don't seem to be able to find a clear image of what my engine should look like or where to find the engine number. Once the husband has played with it for a while and decides it's ready to pull out I may have more luck.

It is either a J or E motor. The ID is stamped into the block on the driver side of the block above the distributor at the top of the block were it mates to the head. It is a flat spot. Probably covered in years of grime so a good wire brush and scrub will reveal the numbers.

Here's mine for reference

image_zpsyadirlvf.jpg

• Like 1