S13 SR20Greddy Plenum/Throttle Body question

bigchowder

Quick question for the brain trust.... has anyone else running an S13 SR20Det used a Greddy plenum? If so, did you use the stock S13 throttle body or did you have to go to a larger (70mm) option? I have an air leak on mine and wondering if anyone else had the same issue, and if they ran a different throttle body of doubled up on the gasket or something else? I read that running an N15 throttle body from a Pulsar should do the trick, but just wanted to see what others have done before I spend any money buying parts.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, that all depends on your power goals. If you're aiming for 500 plus HP you'll want to go with a larger body. I have a Greddy nock off plenum on my s13 making 330hp and I used the stock throttle body. Works great. The turbo will shove plenty of air through there. Imagine the outlet on the intake turbine is half the size of that throttle body. Where are you experiencing an air leak? I had no issues with mine, but there are many vacuum nipples on the side and bottom of the throttle body and on the plenum. make sure they're all connected or plugged. 

Front-ISIS-Intake26cooler_1.jpg

• Like 1

Experiencing the leak where the throttle body and plenum meet. There is a gap there, and i was curious if the throttle body was too small and I might need something larger, but then also wondering about it being a little laggy on the low end without bigger cams. Sounds like you aren't having a problem with yours and an OEM TB.

Wow, there shouldn't be a gap there. I seem to remember there is a black hard plastic spacer between the TB and plenum. is that what you have? What turbo are you using? How much power are you shooting for? As for a high lift cam to help with lag, that will have no effect. The major factors for helping reduce lag are variable valve timing, the shortest path to the exhaust turbine (usually a log manifold), then smaller turbos spool quicker, but over heat if pushed too far. I'm running a GT3071R .63 A/R, Exhaust Turbine-Wheel: 60mm w/ 84 trim, Compressor-Wheel: 71mm w/ 56 trim. Very asymmetric smallest T3 exhaust turbine I could get with larger compressor for faster spooling. I'm not getting fserious boost until 3500 rpm.

turbo.jpg

• Like 1