Photo

Been away for a long time. Sold my 411.....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smelt240

smelt240

Hall Monitor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Cars:71 510 2dr ,78 620, 06 WRX wagon 75 Nova SS,79 Camaro,79 Monte and Caddy Lolos

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

So I was really busy with work and life in general, kind of back burnered all of my project cars, and was thinking of getting back to them when I hurt my back at work. 3 months of "oh its a strain" turned into a herniated disc, and one bulging. Had surgery and though all would be well.    Now its been over a year out of work, with pretty much no anything as far as being able to work on cars, or anything, for that matter.  I sold my 73 510 to a guy from NY.  Not really the money issue, just the sad to see it sit there thing. 

When he came up to Maine to get it, I gave him the tour of all the now idle projects, and he saw the 411. Well, he sent a check and now owns it as well. He does phenomenal metal work, so I actually feel good about seeing it go to him. Kind of like when I bought it, the previous owner knew Id treat it right. It hurts to see it go, but its different knowing what it will be when he is done.  I did keep my 71 510, and have a friend who is going to be media blasting it, and getting it primed and sealed, then it will sit for a bit, until it is reborn as a #46 tribute car. Im going to try to get Anthony (the 411 and 510's new owner) to get on here and do a resto thread on both cars. Ill still be poking around, just a couple Datsuns lighter these days....

#2 Draker

Draker

Ratsun-Erect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Cars:1971 2 door 510, 1969 4 door 510, 2002 Tacoma double cab

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

It does suck to let them go.. but often it's the best option. I'm selling a few of my cars for the same reason. Love the cars to death... but I just don't drive them. I don't have a big enough space to store them inside.. so naturally they have seen the weather and it's only getting worse.

It will be a sad day when they are sold.. but like you said, maybe no so bad if they go to the right owner.

View my 69 510 4dr Sedan - Build Thread
View my 71 510 2dr Sedan - Coming soon.

http://drakers.pl510.info