Datsun Swap Meet......NorCal........maybe........

Busta Nut

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes!!! I hear Petaluma is a great place for that.

:rofl:

May be when it gets bigger........

......I would do the first few at the shop.......

.........until we overcrowded it.....then I'll look for a bigger venue.....

Then when we get real big..............

TRACK DAY/SWAP MEET/CAR SHOW :frantics:  :hyper:

• Like 3

i am in sundays works perfect for me, i have bunch of emblems for sale and i lkne to buy stuff too, so meke it happen, wherw are ulocated? 650 810 6108

415....North Bay

march/july/nov are eagle rock times 

may and sometimes oct are datsloco 

july i think is san jose datsick 

maybe jan/feb but weather can be ? or aug/sept where weather is usually good

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It would be awesome to have something in the Sacramento Area.

Sac is a bit of a drive for me......

........was thinkin somethin more local.........

I haven't forgot about this....just sorting things out to make this worthwhile

• Like 1

I love these events and sell at Eagle Rock regularly. (Was really bummed to miss the last one due to a serious back injury.  I was hoping to get up to the Mantecca meet some time to sell, but think that dream is not going to happen. Maybe to shop some time!)  I've always dreamed there could be a spring\ summer circuit where you could go on vacation from So Cal to WA or vice versa, vacationing, junky yard picking, and hitting one Datto event to the next. Kinda like following the Greatful Dead tour! :angel:  Start In Canada or WA for what goes on then Canby & Blue Lake, go south to Nor Cal, then on to the Grand Canyon event, then to So Cal. I think the dates are already out of sync for that though.

I'm from So Cal where you get charged for everything, and you can't rent a public space or have an event without some kind of liability...

Some things you might want to consider to eliminate some trial and error...

If you're not going to have "a car show" or at least a corral where folks can pay a couple dollars to park their cars in a safer area near the swap meet, where people of "like minds" could watch for people stealing emblems or parts off their cars...

And you're going to gamble on 5 vendors to start off with...

Who are you going to sell parts to if everyone is there to sell?

And how are you going to pay for the lot rent &/or insurance?

Maybe take a look at what makes the ER & Canby events such a success to get some ideas? 

ER: Multiple Freeway access to many metropolitan areas

ER & Canby: away from residential areas where early morning trailer and parking noise isn't disturbing residents

Revenue from datto car parking (aka coral,) huge social component for brainstorming, learning, making the event pay for itself. ER doesn't do contest/ trophys and it survives just fine. Maybe do a simple

raffle vs. trophys? But make it from paid admissions instead of selling tickets? Pull a license plate number from a hat? Trade a vendor a prize donation vs. paying for his selling space to keep start-ups

costs down?

etc, etc? Just brain storming. Hope it helps?

• Like 4

Actually, Canby is right across from residential neighborhood, but its a one of a kind show done inside the fairgrounds.

You're absolutely right, but there's enough distance to the homes to give a distance barrier for the sound to dissipate some between the two. And I would hope they would have enough experience to know, if you move in next to a fairgrounds you're gonna have periodic event noise.

In So Cal homes and businesses are a lot closer together. My point is don't hold an early AM event in a school parking lot or strip mall in close quarters to homes, and then get Pissed Off when cops arrive with noise complaints from the neighboring residents. This same good planning is what makes breweries so successful. The start ups breweries often open in industrial parks. There operating hours are the opposite of the daily businesses... they can have musiic, loud crowds noise, and have lots of avail parking... because the neighboring businesses are closed and there are no homes nearby. Loud mufflers, guys lighting up the tires, revving engines... no problem!

• Like 1