l18 block ID

rinigado

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you trying to clear an aftermarket header, or what?

I have a custom fabricated stainless breather tube for the side outlet block, that is made from oval tube, that runs tight against the block, to the rear, then turns 90 degrees past the rear header tube.

Went a different route when I built my vacuum pump evac system, so I don't need it any longer.

My son's L18 is a top outlet, so he doesn't need it.

Yours for $16 shipped Priority.

DSC08356.jpg

So when you say it's on import engines what do you mean? My 72 521 truck came from the San Diego area, and numbers say it's the original motor.. so did it maybe not start it's life off in California?..

Weren't all datsuns made in japan?

Can the serial numbers be traced for more information?

still learning, I like information...

I think the natural progression on L16/18 was side mount followed later (year unknown) to the top mount... possibly at the same time the L20B came out (which also had the top mount) which was in the '74 610. I don't think both were produced at the same time.

By import engine I'm referring to the practice of importing cheap JDM low mileage Nissan engines in the late 70s and 80s. Mechanics found that it was cheaper to replace than rebuild. L16s and L18s were produced long past the times they were sent here. L16s were used at least through '78, the L18 through '81 in Japan and '86 in the middle East. If you have a top mount block breather.... probably it was an import engine.