• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Looks like this is now my build thread. I got it home last week but hadn’t had a chance to get everything straightened out till today. I barely got it on the trailer before it stalled and wouldn’t start again. We took it to my grandmas where the trailer lives, I went down today to take it to a registration service to get vin checked and titled. All went well so we brought it back and pulled it off the trailer. The reason it ran like shit was timing was severely off and carb settings were even worse. Set the carb per redlines tuning page and was able to get it to run long enough to time it. Now it runs pretty damn good, though the idle circuit needs to be jetted up a step.

I literally just started an imgur account so I’m not up to speed posting so the pic shows instead of the link but here’s the one I have of it.

https://i.imgur.com/o1GdQHO.jpg

• Like 2

After I swap some shit over from my two door, it will be headed to Datsunville. I got tired of not being able to get two car seats in the two door without back killing struggle and was actually thinking about going entirely another direction until having a talk with James. Now I’ll be able to have the whole family and not break knees and back getting seats in. My oldest is super stoked, her favorite color is blue.

• Like 2

The two door was a hoon build, totally gutted and loud as fuck. This one is going to have insulation and sound deadening to go along with the already quiet exhaust. I’ll be focusing more on the interior and creature comforts. My dad does upholstery work so I imagine we’ll probably do some seat and headliner work. It’s too low right now but the zx coilovers from the two door wil handle that, and James gave me rear springs that will put the rear back up a bit. The watanabe rs8s I got from James last year are going on it and the swazis are going back to him on the two door. I may go crazy and put a viper with RKE and remote start on it later, I’ve gone through the headache of doing it on my crown vic interceptor, a datto will be a comparative cinch. I’m looking to go mild and comfortable with excellent handling with this one. It’s been a long time since I started the 2 door and I guess I grew up a little along the way.

• Like 3

I got a bit done over the weekend, I got so into it I forgot pics of the front suspension swap. I took the cut 510 struts out of the 4 door and the 280zx struts with eibach springs and tokico 5 ways out of the 2 door and shazam, the 4 door is more to my liking.

While I was at that, my pop was putting in the new alternator. The tensioning bracket was a tad broken so he tigged it up for me.

GpX84FU.jpg

Pulled springs and shocks from 2 door.

5qGFYFg.jpg

I took a half coil off for now, I didn’t feel like yanking it in and out till it was perfect. I’ll cut more later.

Springs and shocks set out getting ready to go in the 4 door. Should have cleaned them up but I was getting cold and wanted to get shit done.

mZqjHvd.jpg

• Like 2

To most it’s too high. It was too dark to get a decent pic. I’ll get one when I can get back down to the shop. I’m stuck for a day or two, storm came in and dumped close to six inches in a few hours with more on the way.

czn3AXL.jpg

• Like 2