Monster Garage

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best part of the show in my opinion was the little Italian body man expert lead man! He and his cigar could move over the gross errors of "Jesse James" and his idiots and really make a well shaped body out of their excesses!  I wish that I knew where he was still today!  I would love to have him [without the cigar] to modify the non existent roof drain channel drain outlets on my RL411's roof rear quarter panels.    

The best part of the show in my opinion was the little Italian body man expert lead man! He and his cigar could move over the gross errors of "Jesse James" and his idiots and really make a well shaped body out of their excesses!  I wish that I knew where he was still today!  I would love to have him [without the cigar] to modify the non existent roof drain channel drain outlets on my RL411's roof rear quarter panels.    

Are you referring to Bill Hines?

1e5df4a886bc288ce2c9158762ab6e25.jpg

• Like 3

The man was and will remain a legend!

Remembering the Leadslinger: Famed customizer Bill Hines, 1923-2016

FROM THE MIDWEST TO THE WEST COAST, CELEBRATING THE LIFE AND LEGEND OF THE LEADSLINGER

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/remembering-bill-hines#ixzz4b95rDPUH

Today, we learned that the legendary Bill Hines is no longer with us; he was 94.

Mark Vaughn recently had the pleasure of sitting down with the one and only Leadslinger for our special do-it-yourself issue (March 7, 2016), learning of the customizer's rise from a home garage to the feature pages of countless magazines. We've published that article below.

Hines died peacefully at his home, but is said to have been working almost until the end. “That’s what keeps me goin'," he told us earlier this year. "I’m 94 years old! What am I going to do, lay in the bed? Ha ha! Get up and eat an’ lay back in the bed? No, I’ll have a garage long as I live. Period.”

And he did.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/remembering-bill-hines#ixzz4b95dYQUG

• Like 2