620 king cab window gaskets

dat620

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to Tom on the phone. Apparently he does not have the seals from the manufacturer yet and he has all sorts of reasons for not getting on the internet to explain the situation. He did say he would have internet at his house soon.

He is offering refunds, but you will have to call him at 602 323-4422.

I'll continue to wait and hopefully get my seals someday.

If you want to bitch about the situation call Tom, do not post about it here.

Thanks, hope that helps.

PS, Tom when you get the internet and read this...my phone is a piece of crap and the battery finally shit the bed. :P

Ok, so I had a funny conversation with Tom today. He thinks that if anyone has a problem, that they should call him directly, and that his phone is never off and never away from him. I tried my best to convince him that the responsibility he owes to the actual forum (by making an update post) is much bigger than he thinks, but he wouldn't take a lecture. He doesn't seem to think it's that big of a deal and he claims to have no time to find internet for himself (doesn't own a laptop). I asked him why he couldn't log into his account at charlie's house, and he said something to the effect of "i didn't need to, because charlie spoke for me..."

Basically we're on different pages... I assume Tom will read this in a month or so when the internet finds its way to his computer again, but an internet transaction like this demands a little customer service. We're not all tight with Tom, and we lost a lot of trust when the thread goes 5 months without an update. He seems to think that if people aren't giving him a call to talk about it, then it's their problem, because clearly the number is posted. I told him he should've posted the number himself, to instill some trust in the members, but he's not really putting himself in the shoes of the people who don't know him well and think his actions are a little sketch.

He said that the reason he still doesn't have the seals is that the project is still way backburner for the company (i gathered) and they recently had a "roof collapse" that damaged a bunch of equipment. Whether that's true or not, I thought I'd throw it out there. I actually took him up on his offer for refund because I've kinda lost faith in this thing. I WILL SAY, however, that Tom sounds like a decent guy, but he's fllled with all sorts of excuses about how he hasn't had time to make a post, some about moving to a new house, and some other stuff I kinda wasn't listening to :P...excuses honestly. He reiterated often about how he was doing a thing that "no one else" has ever done. So I told him I thought it was great, but it doesn't relinquish him from responsibilities he owes to all the people who gave him money.

If you're wondering he said he had about 25 sets.. so that's $2250 if I'm remembering the price correctly.

It's a judge judy case at best, which could eventually be fun, but for now I guess I would recommend as others have said to give him a call. He's actually very easy to talk to and wasn't too confrontational, but I didn't get enough reassurance out of him to not request the refund (which he told me a few times would be "out of his pocket") Yup...and back into mine. Thanks! Hope this eventually works out. And tom said he should be making a post in about a month, when he gets internet service again. If it happens sooner, it's because I begged him to for the sake of everyone not calling and waiting politely for information.

Charlie, if you can convince him to log into his account at your place, please do. He seems too stubborn to do that for some reason, but I think it would help here to hear SOMETHING from the OP after 5 months!

mattykrab, if Tom is giving you a refund, how will Tom be doing that, through pay pal ?? if so then doesn't that require being on the internet. :huh:

I'll wait a little longer if Tom needs more rope. :poke:

an just incase someone ask, yes, I have tried calling Tom 3 thymes with NO respond.

Hey all, I owe every one a big apology, I did not ever intend for any one to feel as thou they were or are getting ripped off, a few things have happened over the past few months, those of you that know me personally know what I mean, I will not hash that out here, I will ask for your forgiveness as I said I am not nor did I ever intend to make any one feel as thou I am ripping you off, I under took a project that I did not see any one even trying to do, and things happened along the way, I am offering refunds and no not thru pay pal, so you will get all your money back( I am using money gram wires thru walmart, and or postal money orders or wal mart money orders I leave that to you to decide), I do truly wish that all would hang on thou as the seals will be completed shortly( and if you do ask for a refund bare in mind I am like most of you just a working guy, not rich by any means so the refunds will be out of my pocket/paychecks and will be done in a timely manner), and yea I know we have heard this before, let me be the first to say it, yes you have heard it before, but consider this, I have way more time and effort and money tied up in this project than most probably realize, but that is neither here nor there, the issue at hand is that a few of you do not think I am legit, I have done exactly what I said I would do and have pre paid for the first production run with all of you helping me, and again I am sorry to all of you if you feel that I have stolen or mislead you and your money, the seal manufacturer has assured me that with in the next 30 to 45 days(and yes this sounds like a repeat story, but it is not) we all will have our seals, they moved about a couple of years ago into a new facility and this year was a really bad winter for them, new ware house roof and extreme snow fall does and did not mix, they are behind with all their orders and are working as fast as possible to make it up, again I apologize for my negligence in this matter, and to answer some thing that some one said, I did not know that the library has computers to use, as I do not go to the library , and I do not have a lap top or internet phone, I am really old school, just have the old home cpu, later this week the quest guy will be coming to our house to install the internet, I am at charlie69s place right now entering this post, as has been posted before call me, my number is 602-323-4422, and if you call and I do not answer leave a message( I work in a ware house all day and we do not use our cells or I phones or I pods due to safety reasons, so leave me a message I will return your call), I can not return calls to messages I do not get, and calling and leaving no messages does not mean you contacted me(and please call at decent hours), again I whole heartedly and deeply apologize for any ill thoughts or misunderstandings that may have happened due to my negligence, and if any one wants my new address it is 4305 s 69th dr phx az 85043, I have nothing to hide and am not trying to hide from any one, and there is no need to contact the d a or the police as I am not stealing any thing, any of you that knows me or has had any dealings with me know what I am talking about, again I ask for all your forgiveness and apologize for any misconceptions any one may have, thx tom (dat620)

• Like 1

Thank you Tom, That is all we needed was to be informed on what was going on. We can understand better, if we are informed. Lack of information builds distrust, so all we need is to be updated at least once a month, and all should be happy. :D

hey all, i am back on line, qwest sent the modem a couple of days late, and i will keep every one posted as to what is going on, to those that asked for refunds i am sending and have sent out a few, again please bare with me, i will make sure every one gets the gaskets or refunds, and to answer the other post about who is making the seals, that is between me and them, we have a privacy contract and they do not want every one calling and asking them all sorts of questions, this is my project as far as they are concerned and do not need or want the problems to escalate due to people trying to under cut me and try to buy direct from them, put it this way, if you had a contact for whatever and you were getting product for others would you want to disclose your source and cut your self out of the deal..again my deepest apoligies to you all, hang in there and we will all see this thru together, and i do have other things going on with the seal manufacturer, and i will not put you all or my self in jepordy by asking for any more pre pays, i will make sure that the product is done and in my hands first then sell it, i do still have access to all the other seals and parts i have listed before, if any one needs, get ahold of me here thru pm, again thx all, tom

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

spoke to the window seal manufacturer today, he will be calling me back tomorrow, said we are still on schedule, just taking a littlr longer, they just got real busy gearing up for the new year relase models from the major manufacturers, i will let you all know as soon as i here from him, if you do call me and i do not get your call, leave a message, i do not answer calls that come up "unknown", and if you do not leave a message i can not call u back, we just moved into a new house recently and i have been getting a barrage of "unknown" soliciters calls, please leave me a message, i will return your call, i stated before that i work in a ware house during the day and safety policy states that we can not use our phones at work, so as soon as i get a message i will return the call,thx again ..tom

• Like 2

Thanks for the update, next time you talk to them, maybe you could get them to commit to a time frame? I would really like to get my headliner in, and I can't do it till I have my new seals. I have everything else, new windshield, front and rear seals, just need the sides and I can get my interior finished.

Thanks! :cool:

thx, yea moving sux, but glad all we have left is to unpack, i have been so trying to get an exact commital date, it's like trying to pull hen's teeth..we've come so far to stall out again, i really would like to get this resolved, soon, i too have been waiting to finish my king kab, as have all the rest of ya'll, i know how frustrating it is, trust me , it's been a real struggle to not tell them to forget the whole thing, but then we all would be back to point zero and no seals, best to stick it out, remember all good things are worth waiting for, and when they are in our hands the time that has past will be worth the wait, thx again for all your support, tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

small update, i have spoken to the production manager and he will call me on tuesday with a more accurate date of arrival, thats all i have now, sorry been real busy at work, been pullin 10 - 12 hour days, been dog tired and have not been on any of the forms very much, hopefully they will hire on some help as we are gettin busy, i will post tomorrow as soon as i get home and can tell more whats going on

did not hear back from the manufacturer til friday afternoon, no real news other than they are working on getting their orders caught up and the seals will be next, i will hopefully find out more on monday. trying to get them to give me a expected due date.

Dat620,I dont think you should do any other business with this manufacturer. I think their giving you the run around. Hope they come soon for everybody that bought one. I know I need a set one of these days.

Larry

i hear ya, but at the moment what choice do i have, they are still one of the only manufacturers that still do alot of 620 seals and z car, n some 510 seals, all the rest have quit or are depleating stock, already have a few things on the back burner, but only after the 1/4 window seals are done, and only when they are finished(the new stuff) will i disclose the rest of the items, but for now i/we have to do the hurry up and wait game, as of right now i will have 5 extra sets available due to people cancelling their orders, i realize that there are a few of you all that think this is b.s., but just wait and see, by the way is there any one else selling or even trying to produce these seals, i think not, and have not came across any adds any where other than about 2 years ago, and then i believe they only had one side, and had no future plans of producing any more, and they were over seas some where, i believe even some of the peeps on here were trying to get some from them, all i can say is have faith and it will happen, my hands are tied, i also understand that some of you all are talking behind all our backs and threatening legal action, if you think you need to go there, then so be it, i have offered refunds, and have given several out, if you want/need to back out then let me know, i will send you back a refund, again my cell number is 602-323-4422, i can not answer at work from 7am-5:30 pm as i work in a ware house and our safety regs do not allow us to use phones, i pods, or such personal electronic gear while at work due to safety reasons, but please call and leave a message, i also do not answer "UNKNOWN" calls, but if you feel you must be sneaky and do it that way, leave a message, at least your name and maybe a return number, i will not disclose any ones names or numbers at any time to any one, all those that have asked and received refunds i will not disclose either, so please do not accuse me of any mis-dealings, or illegal dealings, sorry for all the delays, but again i am at the mercy of a major manufacturer, i may not be a major player in the rubber seal world but i have proven to them that i am trying to be a consistant customer, i have sold a lot of their datto seals over the past 2 years, so maybe that will help, i am dealing directly with the sales manager and production manager, so maybe that will help also, again thx for helping and waiting it out, tom

I totally understand. Its just not good business when the manuf, not you, promises results, then does not deliver. I own a business and customer service should be number 1 priority.

Hope all goes well and Im still planning on getting all my seals from ya. When the time comes.

Larry