Well, now what am I gonna do with this?

KELMO

IMG_20170310_133505234_zpsj6jkwd84.jpg

So, I picked this up today.......and the above pic is the good side.

IMG_20170310_133425800_zpsjpn15mv7.jpg

and this is the bad side.

Not sure what direction to take on this. Has a KA + 5spd swap in it and that is pretty much where they stopped. Has the typical rust in the rear quarters but other than that, not too bad. Not enough parts to make it complete and without taking a year or two to amass the pile of parts and note completely sure I want to part with the $$$ to do it quickly, I am gonna have to stop and think abit. I'll spend the next few weeks givin' her some thought and see where I land.

What do ya'll think eh? Do it full on and see how long it takes my wife to file divorce papers ( or have me certified incompitent), or just rat the hell out of it.

Tell me what you think, you most likely won't piss me off, I mean hey, I'm married.

JDsDrIi.jpg

0IQ6EOe.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, the color.......someone did a rattle can job on it, pretty horrific. Seems they weren't familiar with masking tape or any other type of prep. This car was once the same color (or close), as my coupe in "manure" thread.

As far as the front, only really need a left fender and a hood. Has a hood but didn't look too pretty, have to look a little closer at it.

The plan is to part with it, just a question of when.

The guy that had it said he had an RB26......wait you are right, more monies. Aw dang.

• Like 1

So, I have been thinking about what to do with this thing and the one thing for sure is that I will sell it.....eventually.

That being said..............Do I,

Build the L16 and stab a 4 spd in it.

Keep the KA and 5spd in it, make it run and then move all that crap into the wagon, take the L18 and 5spd out of the wagon and put it in this.

There is a stock harness that came with it that looks to be mostly intact and the 240 harness that well, I don't know. And also an ECU with no part # just the mfg #'s ( had a crossover list once upon a time).

And I keep coning back to that paint........that damn paint.  I have chipped some of it off and what is underneath it looks pretty decent but I would be willing to bet my wife's next paycheck it ain't all gonna be like that.

Well, there are other things that need to be done before this gets started so I guess I will let it simmer another week or two.

• Like 2
  • 10 months later...

This now sits next to the wagon so I will do some stuff to it when I get stuck/bored/waiting on parts/ motivation.

Painted door handles anyone?

xmCJoXW.jpg

Soaked in Simple Green for about 4 days. This idea came from Duncan and Charlie69 (I think).

D0SXd14.jpg

It worked out quite well, most of the paint just peeled off and the chrome is in fair condition.

Well, I had to do this to get the handle off.

dccbGTV.jpg

• Like 2

Rear door handles on a 510 = so much hate.

Fixed all the pics in this thread that were jacked up by Photosukit.

Wait, there were only 2. :thumbup:

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Started to remove some door weatherstripping.

MuHbKT0.jpg

Then decided it would be easier with the door off of the car.

Zhft8v7.jpg

Rubbed off a little more rattle can paint.

SCezJZy.jpg

Then did just a little cleaning.

ATHnbZo.jpg

Gotta borrow a pressure washer and see how much of the rattle can paint I can get rid of. Would be so awesome to have a 510 and a 1200 the same color.

• Like 1

Ha ha, never too late where I'm concerned when it comes to doing something with a car.

Got the wagon in 2013, just really started to do work on it last month.

Got the green 1200 in 2011, was finally a driver in 2016.

Got this car Feb 2017, wait something is wrong here.

• Like 1