Need HELP! about Hitachi SU Carb.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The return line connects to the fuel return line, I don't think your year of car has it. You'll have to run without it. It's purpose is to recirculate unused fuel back to the tank and keep cooler fuel in the lines. This reduces fuel boiling from excessive engine and under hood temperatures.

The block vent hose connects to the PCV valve between the carbs on the intake. See that hose under the plug with the blue cap on the manifold? 

710carbs003Large.jpg

• Like 1

Couple small points...

1. Those carbs run better with the pcv hooked up and your engine bay wont get covered in oil.

2. This is more important, you're asking for disaster with your vent hoses routed like they are. If you sink a float, you're going to bathe a hot manifold in fuel. Worse if it had a little carb backfire during such an event, Hitachi su carbs have little hiccups through the carb fairly frequently when cold if your chokes aren't even. I'd get longer pieces of fuel line and go over the motor so any leaked fuel will just go on the ground.

Thank you for your suggestion Dolomite.

Datzenmike, Could you advise me where is the return pipe from carburettor? I really don't know where is it.

below is mine carb setup on Datsun A15 in ford Anglia engine bay.

A18868.jpg

A18869.jpg

A18870.jpg