Need help on damaged firewall

Hix1985

Hello everyone, I have been working on my very rusty dime and found out that it had to of been hit on passenger side. it looks like the last owner pulled it back out but did a crapy job at it causing it to rust really bad. shitty welding never seeing anything so shitty!!! :geek:  it was all covered up with all most an inch of mud on it. Guess thats what I get for buying a car with out seeing it in person. 

My question see photo, The firewall on passenger side is dented in a little bit.  I can't figure out the best way to fix with with out taking the hole front frame aport and I don't want to do that.  that is more then I can do. any thoughts? Oh and I did not cut that square in the fire wall don't no why PO did that :confused:

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grind or sand down the paint all around the holes til you're on bare metal, get a piece of thin cardboard or even paper will work, trace the hole, get a sheet of metal same thickness as firewall transfer the trace, cut, then spot weld the pieces on to the firewall, grind excess welds, lil bit bondo to even out the surface, paint over. Done.

If you took it to an experienced body guy, the could probably shrink the metal and get it back to really close.. but it's probably more effort than it's worth. knock down all the high spots, filler and sand. 

Its likely the fender well is still pushed in a bit also..