P/N and/or source for 4-speed reverse switch?

jfbrink

Hi,

My '67 WPL411 came with a bum reverse light switch. I've bought several that claimed to fit the J13 four speed, but they are a completely different thread and diameter.

Can anyone point me to a part number and/or source for a correct reverse switch?

Thanks,

Jesse.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the transmission has the removable bolt on oil pan with drain plug and is just a front and rear case with square 'waffle' casting on the out side. Or if you know that it is an F4W63L, then here is the Nissan part number for the Oct '67 and up  520/521 and the '68 and up 510 and the first year 620. All used 32005-21100

@datzenmike: Although my transmission matches that description, that switch does not fit my '67 WPL411.

I've bought several, and the threaded portion is a much larger diameter than the existing switch.

I believe the correct switch may be a B5310-14600, but these appear to be non-existent.

Jesse.

Yeah, my base doesn't cover the 411. That number doesn't appear to cross fit any other vehicle. And part numbers don't start with a letter I believe. It should start with 32??? which is transmission group

Could you take a picture of the two side by side and maybe an actual measurement of each?? The right one you want and wrong ones you bought .

Me and few locals have quite a few 411 junk trannies laying around BUT those same knuckleheads also have just as many 520/521 trannys stacked next to them ................ Sooooo what i'm saying is it would make it a ton easier for me to see exactly what you want, so we can find you one out of our junk piles,, than a cryptic part number from 1967.

(edited but not sure if it makes any more sense than the first time i tried.

• Like 1

Here is what I found.....

25310-11400 switch 3 speed 410

25310-09500 switch rew lamp 4 speed, SS 410

25310-11400 switch 3 speed 411

25310-14600 switch rev lamp 4 speed 411

Nissan/Datsun part #'s do start with letters.....A=1, B=2, C=3, and so on. 

1= engine, fuel

2=cooling, electrical

3=transmission and driveline

4= brakes

5= suspension

and so on

The part # that Jesse has I am 98% sure is correct.  The letters sometimes come into play when a part # supercedes.

Do you have the dimensions of the switch?  Diameter of the threaded portion and thread pitch?  Could be we can figure out something that could work with some other trans that some one has laying around.

25310-14600 is listed as a Optional switch (rev) on the J13 except LT which I must assume is not the 520 but the one year only L521 '69.

25310-14600 is the electric section

25310-14600 is in the switches section

Couldn't find the other number listed. The 520/521 has a mixture of SAE and metric fastener threads. Eventually all (almost all) were metric.

Sometimes on the older stuff you will find all of the electrical components just in electrical and no where else.  I remembered this after reading through the part # list key in the transmssion section and finding nothing.  I then went through the electrical section, chose the switches section and the electrical unit section and read through the part #'s to find the ones that I posted above.

I am using the Nissan Fast System and the E-Car section for older models.

Mike, I am curious what type of catalog you have.