New semi-loud knocking

lego126

Just pull the hose off the EGR to disable it and seal the exhaust tube. A pipe plug will work, probably metric thread. Take the old fitting in with you.

OK erg off, just remove, and block exhaust side hole with something. What about the vac lines? Cap the ones involved with egr?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do what you like with those hoses they are not directly connected to the intake manifold vacuum. Those are ports in the carb above the throttle plate just like the vacuum advance. As the throttle opens some vacuum is felt as the throttle plate rises above the ports.

Everything back together, sounds ok runs good. But while RPMS are coming back to idle, it sounds like its got a little shudder to the engine without the EGR. BPT is off, EGR i had to put back on but ive fot everthing capped off. Egr to metal tube, metal tube bent over and welded to seal. And vac port on top EGR capped. I drove it around a bit yesterday to heat it up and brought it back hot torqued the head and adjusted valves. AS good as my Hitachi ran after rebuild ill have to find replacement for EGR tube. Lol little shudder drives me crazy.

Torque the head when it's cold. Nissan doesn heat their engines up and put the heads on.

Np. Thanks for all the help and info. The head bolts didnt move at all when i rechecked while hot. Guess i was just doing it cause i couldnt remeber torquing the cam sprocket bolt, but apparently i did. Lol