89 replies to this topic

#41 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Bastard!

• User Administrator
  • 17,747 posts
  • Cars:78 620 KC, 77 620 KC, 72 CJ5, 04 G35 coupe mmmm

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

Give yourself the 8 weeks. Think of it as a painful vacation. :)

Smokin' Joe's House of Datto's

gJv38AY.jpg
Member- *Japanese Trucking Association*

**DATSUN FAQ** ~ If ya know it, post it ~ If ya don't know it, learn it ~

ratsun.net rising sun stickers                     ratsun business cards order thread

620 KA24 Motor Mount Swap Brackets

1977 620 KingCab Deluxe KA24DE Swap - Refresh and cleanup
1978 620 kingcab 4x4 - KA24E SAS w/Dana 44 front and Toyota rear

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

Whenever I think that I'm out of my mind for putting this much time and money into an old Datsun, all I have to do is look some of your threads to know that I'm not nearly as whack as you are.

You're going to skin a few knuckles, stand up too fast and bump your head, hunt around the floor for the nuts and bolts you dropped, invent a few new cuss words and when you're finished you'll say "That wasn't so hard after all!"

#42 Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Cars:1977 F10, 1976 620, 1995 Subaru Impreza, 2015 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:46 AM

Distraction is key...focus on items that you are able to fully occupy your mind with....such as the step by step plans of a build...etc...what ever keeps your focus.

At times in the past, I had to build, breakdown and rebuild my project engine multiple times...due to the length of the healing process.

#43 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Cars:various datsun toys, vw bug, chevy silverado, mitsubishi outlander,plymouth barracuda fastback

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

went to the surgeon today and he thinks next week i should be back to full duty and 3 weeks is long enough recovery time but i explained to him that i still have pain especially when riding in a car with all the road damages and i still on percocet and he thinks i should be taking motrin now and the pain is inflammation, i scheduled a follow up with my family doctor so i can explain to him he issues, i did my homework on the type of surgery and recovery time and normal recovery time is 6-8 weeks but since it is a workmans comp, i think he is looking out for the best interest for the company instead of me 

#44 thisismatt

thisismatt

Senior Damon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,414 posts
  • Cars:'71 521, '69 521 donor

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

Sorry to hear that.  I had back surgery through a workmans comp claim and everyone was really great about it...pretty much encouraged me to take the time I needed.  Really it shouldn't matter to the surgeon.

I'm your huckleberry.

One jump ahead of the lawmen
That's all, and that's no joke
These guys don't appreciate I'm broke

#45 Ranman72

Ranman72

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,721 posts
  • Cars:68 datsun 510 2 door / 69 Datsun Roadster /05 350z / 08 f350 / 73 datsun 1200 coupe

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

take the time you need if your still in pain dont let them push you to soon 

i dont think the perkocet fights inflammation at all and the motrin will 

double check but you should be able to take both as long as the type of med is a different category 

I had hernia surgery and wasnt taking motrin or IB profen when I should have been for the inflammation 

I could have taken motrin/tylenol and norco or tremadahl all at the same time because they are different types of meds 

#46 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Cars:various datsun toys, vw bug, chevy silverado, mitsubishi outlander,plymouth barracuda fastback

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

i have a followup with surgeon next tuesday and a follow up with my family doctor thursday

#47 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

well the surgeon told me today that he feels i should go back to work and that 3 weeks was long enough recovery time, im going to go my family doctor and see what he says

#48 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,440 posts
  • Cars:72 ka'd 4dr 76 620KC

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:16 AM

Damn l&i Dr.....

I yeald to the wisdom of Q on this one.

Fuck!!!!!!!! I guess QTip was right...

#49 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Bastard!

• User Administrator
  • 17,747 posts
  • Cars:78 620 KC, 77 620 KC, 72 CJ5, 04 G35 coupe mmmm

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

Definitely go for a 2nd opinion. 

Smokin' Joe's House of Datto's

gJv38AY.jpg
Member- *Japanese Trucking Association*

**DATSUN FAQ** ~ If ya know it, post it ~ If ya don't know it, learn it ~

ratsun.net rising sun stickers                     ratsun business cards order thread

620 KA24 Motor Mount Swap Brackets

1977 620 KingCab Deluxe KA24DE Swap - Refresh and cleanup
1978 620 kingcab 4x4 - KA24E SAS w/Dana 44 front and Toyota rear

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

Whenever I think that I'm out of my mind for putting this much time and money into an old Datsun, all I have to do is look some of your threads to know that I'm not nearly as whack as you are.

You're going to skin a few knuckles, stand up too fast and bump your head, hunt around the floor for the nuts and bolts you dropped, invent a few new cuss words and when you're finished you'll say "That wasn't so hard after all!"

#50 hobospyder

hobospyder

El Matador

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,355 posts
  • Cars:73 620, 77 620kc, 02 300m, 96 s10

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

Fuck that noise. Second opinion time

Lol you really think he would tell anyone, ahh yes Mr. Peterson I was taken a piss and everything got dark like there was an eclipse, when I look back to see what was making the shade when WHAM!! Cock hit me right in the face. I don't know whose it was but we could match up the bruise.

you assume i have any fucks

#51 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

I'm at work and in pain since I took a shower this morning. I'm going to see my family doctor on Friday to see what he says

#52 KoHeartsGPA

KoHeartsGPA

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,593 posts
  • Cars:1970 2-door 510, 1977 620 KC

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

Yes, get a second and if possible 3rd opinion, if you break again you'll be money for them, that's why they want you going back to work sooner than you should, my uncle lived it, now he's disabled due to bad judgement from his doctor.

#53 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• 14,440 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

Yes, get a second and if possible 3rd opinion, if you break again you'll be money for them, that's why they want you going back to work sooner than you should, my uncle lived it, now he's disabled due to bad judgement from his doctor.

Happened to a guy I used to work with. They had to cut his toes off, the doctor fucked up the closures 3 times and he ended up losing half his foot, and he's diabetic.

Fuck!!!!!!!! I guess QTip was right...

#54 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 69,794 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:30 AM

Whoa....

Avoid opiates they are endemic today and worse that the problem. It helps if you are in good shape going into something like this also. Recovery is always faster than if you were in poor shape. Good condition helps support the weaker parts while recovering. You should be on anti inflammatory anyway as therapy alone can cause inflammation. Recovery is painful so expect this and push through... no pain no gain BUT at the end of the day if recovery is not following the usual course have your doctor check this out.   

Posted Image

#55 Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Cars:1977 F10, 1976 620, 1995 Subaru Impreza, 2015 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

^^^They have their place, problem is most get given it when a narcotic that is meant to be temporary should be given.

#56 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

I have talked with other coworkers who had same surgery and they said the same having 6-8weeks recovery time and I talked with my Union and they said 3 weeks is too soon to come back to work and they suggested that I can take up to 8 weeks, but I hope I still get paid

#57 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

well the corrupt surgeon told the insurance company that i should be back to full duty after 4 weeks of pain and suffering even though i explained to the quack doctor my job duties. he doesn't care. i will be going to my family doctor for 2nd opinion. the surgeon was in kenya before he did my surgery, i just pray that he did not bring any diseases back with him.

#58 thisismatt

thisismatt

Senior Damon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,414 posts
  • Cars:'71 521, '69 521 donor

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

What was your injury again?

I'm your huckleberry.

One jump ahead of the lawmen
That's all, and that's no joke
These guys don't appreciate I'm broke

#59 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

thismatt: i had a triple hernia surgery

#60 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• 14,440 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

thismatt: i had a triple hernia surgery

God damn, that's a 6 weeker at least.