1969 510

Dattokai

Have had this 510 since 2013 of July. Progress on the car has slowed down, so I figured why not do a thread on it? Some might remember my L20b turbo 510. A lot of the parts were taken from that car. 

The turbo car mentioned: 8Vh6A7k.jpg

gKAeTA4.jpg

z7Gi8y8.jpg

ubw1FYK.jpg

Now for Pooper (temporary name): 

Parts that were swapped over:

• T3 Coilovers in front, drop springs in rear
  • Front bumper
  • Kept the wheels which are Takechi Project Racing Hart by Hayashi Racing
  • Carbon fiber kick panel, door panels (front and rear), rear deck panel 
  • RX7 SA22C mirrors

I think that's all the parts that were swapped, but if I remember any more I'll add them in.

Now for more recent updates.

tumblr_odobdoJTYl1te77fko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndo95s70KA1te77fko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndo95s70KA1te77fko2_1280.jpg

After the car was on the road for about a year, it was rearended. 

coWLqOV.jpg

saY1oO3.jpg

Decided to FLAKE all the paint off. The paint was in bad condition, even with how nice it looked in photos. I then stripped all of the paint off the trimmings. The car sat for a while, then a KA24E was swapped in. That was in for about a year, then a KA24DE was swapped in! The KA24DE is still in the car, along with a 5 speed transmission. The KA24DE was from another 510 that was picked up.

awLfP70.jpg

The XXRs (gold wheels above) got sold to a friend, which also supplied these 14s below. 

JmiX46F.jpg

They are Octavo 100+, 14x6 +6. About a week or two later they were powdercoated triple bronze.

54zah7k.jpg

u29BTJc.jpg

CCKoB3Q.jpg

Edited by Dattokai
  • Like 3
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the KA24DE in Pooper.

Kdmyd2T.jpg

CeeZsBe.jpg

20113198419_c145eb147e_b.jpg

You may have noticed the hood is white. The hoods were swapped over. The original hood had a crack that was welded and was flimsy. This hood has no cracks and isn't flimsy. I also took the mirrors. 

hfcwjNz.jpg

Later on, I decided I want to get rid of the reproduction bullet sidemarkers. I decided to get C130 Laurel sidemarkers. I decided to get them in clear, they ended up looking murky. They were then sprayed orange.

b6mxFud.png

I do not have any interior photos as of this moment. I'll just list what's in there. I will take photos and quote this part soon.

• Flower cigarette lighter
  • Suichuuka shiftknob
  • Nismo seatbelt cushions
  • Coca Cola floor mats
  • Honda Prelude seats front and back
  • Headliner
  • There is no carpet
  • Grant woodgrain steering wheel w/ Datsun horn button
  • Digital cluster

Here are some extra photos of Pooper in no order.

x2Ka00j.jpg

RVIFeJt.jpg

tumblr_nxoj1mH7KV1te77fko3_1280.jpg

20955437036_c8b84ff7f0_b.jpg

20141538160_51ec965c39_b.jpg

And here are the most recent photos of Pooper.

32411305822_7ff9df6f48_b.jpg

31915977534_24f7cd2d86_b.jpg

Plans:

• Paint (color is a secret for now)
  • Remove rear seat, put in CF panels to cover it up
  • Subaru LSD
  • Carpet
  • Different antenna
  • Disc brakes and coilovers in the rear
  • Radio/stereo (have, just not installed)
  • Hood pins now installed
  • Carbon fiber driver side kick panel
  • Get swaybars in
  • I do like my Euro tail lights, but I would love GL tail lights.  I scored a garnish. 

Small overview of what Pooper has now:

• CF panels (needs driver side kick panel and rear seat delete panels done)
  • Stock mirrors
  • Coilovers in the front, drop springs in rear
  • 280zx disc brakes in the front, drums in the rear
  • Stock diff
  • Digital cluster
  • Honda Prelude seats
  • KA24DE w/ 5 speed transmission
  • Nismo seatbelt cushions
  • Suichuuka shiftknob and cigarette lighter
  • Coca Cola floormats 
  • Grant woodgrain steering wheel w/ Datsun horn button
  • Dobi lip with MK1 VW lip on it 
  • Tsurikawa (train handle)
  • Hayashi wheels 14x6.5 +9 w/ 195/65 tires
  • Octavo 100+ wheels 14x6 +6 w/ 175/60 tires
  • C130 Laurel sidemarkers
  • Euro taillights 
  • Bosch yellow fogs 

Thank you for reading! 

• Like 4

yxECfq7.jpg

tpYv4KM.jpg

is it just me or is that an oddly female hand?

also, love the shift knob and lighter thingie, whatever you want to call it. is the lighter still functional?

Probably just the photo. My fingers are actually pretty short and crooked, haha. Almost like Trump hands... 

Never tried the lighter to check if it's functional, I got it for the aesthetic and I don't smoke. 

Probably just the photo. My fingers are actually pretty short and crooked, haha. Almost like Trump hands... 

Never tried the lighter to check if it's functional, I got it for the aesthetic and I don't smoke. 

it seemed odd

and it's pretty, if it was functional that would make it even more badass to me, but i'm a smoker

Bro how the fucking shit on the gauges. They're beast.

Can you dm me what company you used? My brother is interested for his 522 ;) and doooddd lets take nude pics of us and our 510's. my shit is registered etc naoooo

• Like 1

Is your fuel gauge properly reading your Fuel levels? If so, do you have the stock 510 sending unit in your tank? Curious to know bc the cluster company says theyre programmed to work with Ford, GM, Chrysler, and VDO (what ever that is), and aftermarket 240-33 ohm industry standard fuel senders (what ever those are too). Also, how hard was the installation? Pretty straight forward with diagrams and whatnot or did you have to rig some paths?

Is your fuel gauge properly reading your Fuel levels? If so, do you have the stock 510 sending unit in your tank? Curious to know bc the cluster company says theyre programmed to work with Ford, GM, Chrysler, and VDO (what ever that is), and aftermarket 240-33 ohm industry standard fuel senders (what ever those are too). Also, how hard was the installation? Pretty straight forward with diagrams and whatnot or did you have to rig some paths?

For my 510 when it's 50, that means it's a full tank so it reads half. Stock sending unit yes. Wiring, I can't say. My dad did the wiring http://community.ratsun.net/user/6503-mone/

Bro how the fucking shit on the gauges. They're beast.

Can you dm me what company you used? My brother is interested for his 522 ;) and doooddd lets take nude pics of us and our 510's. my shit is registered etc naoooo

C21882E3-186C-48DA-B998-E4EE49C57FC2.jpg
precisely

Nice ride! Lots of little goodies and still room to play!

Do you have anymore pics of the rear seat installed, I need a rear seat and it looks like a nice blend of comfort and simplicity, fitted yet not two buckets in the back...

Any other angle shots would be appreciated, thanks.

ZSIZw7Z.jpg

MaIW0Pj.jpg

cxGDonQ.jpg

36eXaCt.jpg

Nope diverges are staying. I want 4 sets of wheels in my life and I've acquired 3. It's hard to find some riverges with dish so I settle for a smaller lip but whatever. I got longchamps, carrol Shelby mesh, and soonnnnnsome black wats.

New shoes

cMNrP1o.jpg

nnPkE8j.jpg

udXslTN.jpg

I5CIR9L.jpg

Damm nice Cool rims... man

Are you using infiniti m30s struts in the front with z32 front calipers.. .? what's the info ofyour rims.. what are the size for the fronts and the back rims and the offset ? What tire size are those fronts and back?