Post your Garage/Shop space!

On 2/5/2017 at 2:25 PM, Draker said:

Maybe someday.. I guess.

I've been saving my pennies to find a place with a full shop. Still have a ways to go before anything becomes affordable. 

Well it's been 4 years since I posted this. I ended up buying a new place in 2018. It didn't have a shop but it did have a slightly bigger garage. Fast forward 4 years..   Today I received the engineered plans for a 1920 sqft shop building in my back yard. Next up permits and away we go. 🙂 

• Like 9
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20200802_001526.jpg

House garage is static like this right now, just need to clean up around the cars

20201114_140057.jpg

Shop is in flux and I need to re clean under the loft while I'm organizing (constant problem)

Would love to get the roof fixed so I can start working on other stuff with the shop but house roof first

Edited by hobospyder
  • Like 8
34 minutes ago, Draker said:

Well it's been 4 years since I posted this. I ended up buying a new place in 2018. It didn't have a shop but it did have a slightly bigger garage. Fast forward 4 years..   Today I received the engineered plans for a 1920 sqft shop building in my back yard. Next up permits and away we go. 🙂 

Hopefully you can get the permits soon and have the shop started so you can work in it this summer

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, hobospyder said:

Hopefully you can get the permits soon and have the shop started so you can work in it this summer

Permits are gonna take a bit, hoping to get started late July. I might be able to turn a few wrenches out there this summer, but hard to say. Everything is backed up at the moment and lumber is at an all time high. Perfect time to build.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Draker said:

Permits are gonna take a bit, hoping to get started late July. I might be able to turn a few wrenches out there this summer, but hard to say. Everything is backed up at the moment and lumber is at an all time high. Perfect time to build.

Yeah I forgot materials have gone through the roof. But still good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine has been trashed ever since my wife kicked me completely out of the garage, it immediately overloaded the shop, so hopefully going to build another 30 x 40 shop next to it so I can get work done again. This one is 30 x 50 that we built in 2012.

20200427_203333.jpg

• Like 9

I don't own a garage so I work out of my brother's and rent a 24x24 garage.

This is my brother's old garage.

IMG_20170722_030201373.thumb.jpg.09703c8d83fbbff8b79e770e678c54b6.jpg

This is his new garage.20190528_203951_HDR.thumb.jpg.87c702c6bb98837ef376781a9cf1d298.jpg

The garage I rent that I put a hoist in.IMG_20180527_013834358.thumb.jpg.81dee0fed33c70052f08568d2074a34d.jpg

My Brother's 40X50 quonset.

IMG_20191009_223811_306.thumb.jpg.7804321590906c7eb5241d40f79cb0c5.jpg

• Like 7
  • 9 months later...

Quit my job, did a thing...

IHnNdWt.jpg

SYhQhyy.jpg

OqZxmZw.jpg

Can fit 2 Dattos and still have room to move around. Now if I could just get the damn pellet stove to work on a regular basis. When it does, I can get to about 75 degrees in there.

• Like 10
On 4/7/2021 at 12:34 PM, Draker said:

follow up to this. I was supposed to start building in the fall. I called the contractor about a dozen times. He never replied. I continued to message him until this month. No reply. So now I’m in the process of getting bids again. I didn’t pay anything, so just a loss of time. I’m now targeting spring/early summer to start building. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

guess I can chime in now. I moved back to Idaho 3 yrs ago, was going to build the shop first but the house roof needed attention first, then last year the materials were to phuckin high cause FJB and covid. Welp the building material's are down again, not like they use to be but affordable.

Looking to build a 1200 or 1000 square ft shop, need to talk to the city planner's, got a few questions for them about the tax rate on the size. Anyways, thinking heated floor, a future bath room, I'm on a sceptic tank and won't be planning on a sceptic tank for the shop cause the word is the city has plans for a sewer line down our street. The walls will be 2x6 x14 or 16. Sheet rocked, 2 car electric garage doors with a walk in door, 200 service amp, cause I like to weld and have a compressor besides that, I got it at the old shop. 🙂.  Going to install a 4 corner post car lift, a 2 post car one sort of scares me cause I've watched a few video's where they have toppled over cause of stupid designing. The 4 corner ones allow me to stack when I want to plus saves on space. 

Anyways, will post/pic's when shit gets real. Don't want the cart to far head of the horse. lol

Edited by 420n620
  • Like 5
7 hours ago, hobospyder said:

Found out I have waterfront property 1 day every hundred years

20220129_123732.jpg

Was this from the flood a month or two ago? I went to a friends a month ago and was surprised at the damage I saw between Gardener Road and Commuter Cars. He lives down side road where that car lot is. Gage slough runs behind the house where he is. They were worried about the basement flooding.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ratpatrol66 said:

Was this from the flood a month or two ago? I went to a friends a month ago and was surprised at the damage I saw between Gardener Road and Commuter Cars. He lives down side road where that car lot is. Gage slough runs behind the house where he is. They were worried about the basement flooding.

Exactly when it happened

Made for a nice lake on the river side of 20 and I feel bad for the people that live in the middle of the fields. At least one of the mobile homes shifted from it

20211116_113120.jpg

Edited by hobospyder
  • Sad 2
5 hours ago, hobospyder said:

didn't even see this until now, if it had made it to the tennis court the 1000 would've been safe. but it didn't even make it there i don't think

I remember it being not close, but the pics are bigger on my pc lol 

• 7 months later...
On 1/27/2022 at 11:54 PM, Draker said:

follow up to this. I was supposed to start building in the fall. I called the contractor about a dozen times. He never replied. I continued to message him until this month. No reply. So now I’m in the process of getting bids again. I didn’t pay anything, so just a loss of time. I’m now targeting spring/early summer to start building. 

E00C6EE1-3C77-421A-BDB2-F4FC5402760E.jpeg

• Like 7
  • 4 weeks later...