Post your Garage/Shop space!

Flat,

It looks like, on the reclaimed wood part, that you have made some small shelves......possibly for loose Hot Wheels display?

Simply Genious I say.

Good eye. I placed 2x4 in an L. 3 different ones.

The top L will be for a shelf overhead. Hang a shop light from and storage above.

The middle L will be for hot wheels. You can see a red 510 wagon already on display.

The lowest L will be for a small work bench space.

Heading to the habitat for humanity store today to buy "shelves".

• Like 1
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heading to the habitat for humanity store today to buy "shelves".

See if they have any solid core doors.  They make good bench tops, and if you cut them down, really stout shelves.

Sometimes they have ones with a damaged side, dents, scratches, other crap that doesn't matter if being used as shelves, for really cheap.

I once used one as a folding bench in a narrow garage.  I cut it down lengthwise to 24 inches, utilized the hinges as the mounting points to the wall and added a couple folding legs to the bottom.  When I needed the extra room it folded down and out of the way.

• Like 1

My shop is 8" x 8"...contains everything I need..

Only item outside is the compressor.

Open workbench.

Fully stocked Datsun cabinet.

Anything more is room not to put it or throw it away.

Real men work outside....ha.

"Welcome to gato's garage build thread"

I see it as "Home Improvement

Lowered/installed some lights and now on to making a "tent" inside. The plan is to section off this corner to help keep it a bit warmer in

winter. Of course, spring is just around the corner but next winter I should be golden.

IMG_20170304_174853160_HDR_zpssszwjoud.j

• Like 6

Hot Wheels....oh fuck I almost forgot (yeah right).  Still not sure if they will go on the wall in the garage or figure out something for the shop.  Can't just push pin them into the wall like I did at my last house, cuz metal building

• Like 1

^^ This, have tried it but need to go a little heavier, it gets windy as hell here and if I open the door shit starts to fly all over the place.  Tried the magnets that are in the bottom of a shower curtain and almost but not quite

• Like 2

^^ This....have tried it but need to get heavier magnets.  It gets windy as hell here and if I open the door, shit starts to fly all over the place.  Tried magnets that come out of the bottom of a shower curtain and that was close but not quite and sooner or later my wife will figure out there aint no more magnets holding her shower curtain in.  Also, I have around 3000 push pins that I need to do something with.

EDIT:

What the hell did I just do....post the same shit twice.....and its different.

Let this be a lesson kids........day drinking isn't always a good idea.

• Like 2