Single Weber 45 dcoe

willz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oics to come! Making a few trips to the store right now for some extra miscellaneous things I need. I'm going to go buy a 1/2" fitting to replace the 1/4" that was on the thermostat, the passenger side was a pain just to get the 1/2" tubing on. Had to heat it up for a while to get it to stretch.

The 1/4" fitting on the thermostat will be relocated to the manifold for my vacuum to the brake booster and a 1/2" fitting will take its place.

It's a 1/2" and 3/8". I couldn't find a 1/4" male with a 1/2" hose fitting so I had to use a double sided pex 1/2" to 3/8 fitting and then a 3/8 with a 1/4" male thread for the thermostat. I'll be cutting a 1/2" fitting and welding the barb on a 1/4" male thread though after I get it running

Shit I'm the money maker here too... wife raising my son which I perfer so I don't complain ... when I first started my rebuild I went a bit overboard one month the credit card had like 30 PayPal transactions ... now I just have to make the money first but she let's me spend what I need to.... I learned get her some flowers before the packages show up....

Almost all the time... I even let her know I was picking up more fittings and tubing today

But I guess it's all good, I've got two non running vehicles, one of which I still owe $5k on, the Datsun and a boat payment. Which I can't use because my tow vehicle doesn't run

Got the truck running last night. Time to fab up a throttle cable and linkage and do some tuning. So far so good though, revved it up and sounded good but you never know till you drive it and throw a wideband on it. I'll post some jetting/tuning info when I get there

• Like 1

I'm originally a VW/Audi guy, so most of my builds tend to pull a lot from that "less is more" motto. Big on tucking wires, shaved bays, badgeless grills etc.

The general idea is to make the engine bay more like these, but Datsun:

6F3F70EB-9DED-409E-A0F9-98B6086E5867_zps

E30F40B6-E47F-4C4A-A064-8CA433261A8C_zps

58329A9E-D01D-436F-A575-E50201EDEFE4_zps