Hid lights for 720

720s

To the above post, I wonder if the hazing of your plastic lenses killed a lot of your light output. 

What I meant was I had installed the LED bulbs in brand new replacement housings due to the originals being so damaged.  So brand new clear lenses and brand new LED bulbs, not impressed with light output.  Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was just too cheap of a pair of LED bulbs.   And don't get me wrong, I haven't given up on LED's being the better choice, especially when I know my HID setup working without being annoying to others is on the rare side of things.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to compare anecdotal lifespan on car lights...

Actually using the real world results of others is a very valid way of making an informed decision on the use of an item.  The results from a completely scientific study on some items isn't as useful due to the controlled environment being not a true standard for use of the item in question.

The bigger issue here is the wide variety of LED bulbs or HID kits available and trying to make broad assumptions on results with so many variables.

Or maybe I was confused by the misuse of anecdotal?  Because the results I mention are facts from the use of the actual items in a real world application, just without a controlled sanctioned test.

And despite the holier than thou tone this post kinda has, it's not meant that way I just don't have time to reword it better, I really am asking if I misunderstood.

Actually using the real world results of others is a very valid way of making an informed decision on the use of an item.  The results from a completely scientific study on some items isn't as useful due to the controlled environment being not a true standard for use of the item in question.

The bigger issue here is the wide variety of LED bulbs or HID kits available and trying to make broad assumptions on results with so many variables.

Or maybe I was confused by the misuse of anecdotal?  Because the results I mention are facts from the use of the actual items in a real world application, just without a controlled sanctioned test.

And despite the holier than thou tone this post kinda has, it's not meant that way I just don't have time to reword it better, I really am asking if I misunderstood.

I'm referring to the fact that there is a huge usage difference of headlights between one driver to the next.  Some people run their headlights all the time while driving, and some almost never use headlights (eg I hardly do any night driving, so my usage would be a poor example of headlamp lifespan).  flatcat saying LED headlights last a long time because he has 22k miles on his means next to nothing, really, without further explanation of usage hours, etc

• Like 1

I'm referring to the fact that there is a huge usage difference of headlights between one driver to the next.  Some people run their headlights all the time while driving, and some almost never use headlights (eg I hardly do any night driving, so my usage would be a poor example of headlamp lifespan).  flatcat saying LED headlights last a long time because he has 22k miles on his means next to nothing, really, without further explanation of usage hours, etc

Aaaaahhhh, gotcha. Thanks.