Steering Hub on 620 question and maybe 510s

So I've seen post on all kinds of hub problem is I can't find what I'm looking for ... But I have made my decision ( kinda need help deciding)

I am going for a nrg short quick realease the only problem is I can't use the short hub from nrg because it isn't deep enough ... I know there's Momo, boss and another brand (I forget the name) any ways I was wondering what you guys prefer I've heard the Momo is some how safer? Because the way it's built, it allows to get crushed during an accident thus saving your chest or face from having the steering wheel in your flesh lol but that's not the point!

Point is which ones do you guys prefer the cheaper one or more expensive one ?

(It's going on a Nardi )

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is short your concern when you're adding the length of the quick-release in the mix.

Define not deep enough.

The momo hubs/boss hubs are almost twice the length of an NRG short hub.

Also factor in the length of an adapter to go from NRG/BOSS/momo to LeCarra/Nardi sizing as the 2 sizes are different.

As for your thread title, edit to say steering wheel hub. It may broaden the amount of people to open your thread and will also help with people searching for answers...Like just tried, I hope, to do.

• Like 2

Getting a short quick realease since the Momo or boss hub is already long

They are twice as long but you can't do a short quick release on a short hub because the short quick release has a little sleeve looking thing that goes in the hub in order to be short ....

Thanks gato

NRGs short hubs work with their quick release kits except the very first one.

You're adding a lot of length having all that in a 620. Just the short hub and a wheel puts your wheel close to where it sits now not counting dish.

I've been talking to them(NRG) a lot over the last week.

Go to your first post, click edit. You can change title there.

Post which kit you are looking for. 

I would use the SRK142h hub, obviously, and this... http://www.getnrg.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69_24&product_id=1036

Problem...I don't know if that has the 12 bolt holes to mount NRG or Nardi wheels. 

I will not be using a quick release hub. Just the shorty and an extra 1/2" adapter for the wheel I own. 

I feel no need for a QR as I do not race and I have a garage. Style points don't count if it kills your comfort. 

• Like 1

Ok so maybe members here on ratsun already had the answer ...

The quick release and the short hub from nrg are the best on truck ... Because it won't be so close (again maybe people said it might work but from what I would read it wasn't confirmed)

The Momo hub would work with the slim quick release .. But it won't work with the nrg short hub unless you did modifications (if it ain't broke don't fix it)

Do you have a confirmation as to why the NRG short hub won't work with their own quick release?

I'm not buying it.

And how difficult would the mods be to make it work if what you say is accurate?

(I've seen what you post. You should be able to understand my skepticism.)

EDIT: Just talked to a friend that has that set up with an NRG short hub. He said zero issues.

The stock wheel is cheap and no one will steal it. I put a zx padded steering wheel on my 620. Comfortable and good looking with much better horn button placement, don't have to take it off and put on and no one want's it.

I know but when you get a Nardi for Christmas you have no choice but to go with it

Do you have a confirmation as to why the NRG short hub won't work with their own quick release?

I'm not buying it.

And how difficult would the mods be to make it work if what you say is accurate?

(I've seen what you post. You should be able to understand my skepticism.)

EDIT: Just talked to a friend that has that set up with an NRG short hub. He said zero issues.

Am I making sense lol