Farmer's 720 Project

Farmer

Probably jumping the gun but going to start a new build thread for my future 720.  It's a 1986 Kingcab 2wd.  Just waiting for it to show up.

Its going to be my personal driver for misc and Datsun events. Thats until I get my 620 on the road.

• Like 2
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Awesome! Thank you!

Now I just need to find one for the other side,then I can fix up the banged up front end. I think Al had at least 1,different color though. I will need to get one painted,I will also need some extra paint,to touch up where the Canopy boot rubbed through the paint.

• Like 1

That's Awesome! Thank you!

Now I just need to find one for the other side,then I can fix up the banged up front end. I think Al had at least 1,different color though. I will need to get one painted,I will also need some extra paint,to touch up where the Canopy boot rubbed through the paint.

You're welcome, brother!, yeah he should have a white passenger side fender I took to him last summer....

I really jumped the gun. Found out it has a blown head gasket. Was hoping for a runner. But still thinking of getting it

9 out of 10 z24 nissans for sale have blown head gasket or really close to be blown....I despise those engines...If i ever buy another 720 It'll have an L20b in it.

• Like 1

9 out of 10 z24 nissans for sale have blown head gasket or really close to be blown....I despise those engines...If i ever buy another 720 It'll have an L20b in it.

Yeah its true most of them are already blown. I like the napz engines though, the z24 is a little work horse when kept up on. I do like my LZ way more though... All you need to throw an l series in is a 620 pan and mounts, and a 620 trans, the stock trans mount works so long as it's the same length trans. But if its only a blown head gasket that's a fairly cheap fix.

• Like 1

I bought mine,knowing it had a blown head gasket. Got a good deal on it. I already have the parts to fix it,& repairs are underway.

Dreaming of a KA24 swap in the future for this truck anyway.

Its the 720 owners dream since its a bolt in swap! Whenever I have the space for a 620 the LZ is going in that and the 720 will get a turbo KA.... Oh to dream.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...