Bad drivers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck Drivers get to see a lot when it comes to bad drivers, as we are behind that wheel 70 hours a week. What I see is a lot of people with no common sense that should've Never been issued a license, this includes some CDL holders as well (We should know how to drive: It's our Profession). Turn signals are a major concern, if you don't communicate your intentions than there may be confusion. How hard is it to signal your turn/lane change...I use turn signals in parking lots. You have a passing lane that is there for the purpose of passing: Not for hanging out and pacing the vehicle next you, so now no one can pass. I've seen truckers hang out there too: for no good reason. Weather: people speeding in adverse conditions...on my way to NYC the other day, a 4 wheeler speeds past me at 0200 hrs and gets maybe a 1/4 mile in front of me: And loses it! As I'm backing out of it this guy is all over the place. He finally recovers with the aid of the guard rail on the driver side. His driver side was now in need of a body shop. Does this experience slow him down...No! So yeah, No Common Sense!

• Like 3

^thats pretty much it. And the inverse tailgating when passing lanes are open

Audi and BMW drivers are the worst offenders at tailgating with open passing lanes.

One more to add. Truckers that swing out and cut off a long line of carsto pass 5 other big rigs at half a mile an hour faster than the others. Once on I80 east of auburn a damn idiot trucker did exactly this...up a steep assed grade. Asshole took literally ten miles at 45mph in the fast lane to pass one truck, then motherfucker stayed out there and passed two more at 5min apiece at 50 mph, to just get off at the next exit at which point there was no less than 20 cars backed up behind him. That shit should be punishable by a shotgun blast to the cock n balls.

• Like 4

Truck Drivers get to see a lot when it comes to bad drivers, as we are behind that wheel 70 hours a week. What I see is a lot of people with no common sense that should've Never been issued a license, this includes some CDL holders as well (We should know how to drive: It's our Profession). Turn signals are a major concern, if you don't communicate your intentions than there may be confusion. How hard is it to signal your turn/lane change...I use turn signals in parking lots. You have a passing lane that is there for the purpose of passing: Not for hanging out and pacing the vehicle next you, so now no one can pass. I've seen truckers hang out there too: for no good reason. Weather: people speeding in adverse conditions...on my way to NYC the other day, a 4 wheeler speeds past me at 0200 hrs and gets maybe a 1/4 mile in front of me: And loses it! As I'm backing out of it this guy is all over the place. He finally recovers with the aid of the guard rail on the driver side. His driver side was now in need of a body shop. Does this experience slow him down...No! So yeah, No Common Sense!

Ya buddy!, 19 years doing this shit and it gets worse as we go, i don't see any improvement unless the DMV changes their "everyone should be able to drive" mentality, they literally hand out licenses now.

• Like 1

Audi and BMW drivers are the worst offenders at tailgating with open passing lanes.

One more to add. Truckers that swing out and cut off a long line of carsto pass 5 other big rigs at half a mile an hour faster than the others. Once on I80 east of auburn a damn idiot trucker did exactly this...up a steep assed grade. Asshole took literally ten miles at 45mph in the fast lane to pass one truck, then motherfucker stayed out there and passed two more at 5min apiece at 50 mph, to just get off at the next exit at which point there was no less than 20 cars backed up behind him. That shit should be punishable by a shotgun blast to the cock n balls.

Yes! And these are the Truckers that need to find another line of work. They Do Not belong behind the wheel when they Fail to understand the Great Responsibility it, in fact, takes to drive an 80,000 (ladened) GVW, 75' long vehicle. I've actually had them (no signal) jump out in front of me on steep grades as I was going to pass, when I've been empty. Of course, I give them the Ratsun salute (And Not in the term of endearment sense either...).
  • Like 2

Ya buddy!, 19 years doing this shit and it gets worse as we go, i don't see any improvement unless the DMV changes their "everyone should be able to drive" mentality, they literally hand out licenses now.

Yeah I've been out here 20 yrs too: And it has gotten worse! When it comes to the 4 wheelers, I see very little respect with regard to the truckers...that is not to say, that all are that way: Just the majority...When I do see respect come our way, I have to think it's a driver on home-time or maybe a driver's spouse...For me, I'm a night owl, so I drive (when possible) in the A.M. hours. Less people: Less BS.

• Like 1

When I do see respect come our way, I have to think it's a driver on home-time or maybe a driver's spouse...

Or maybe just someone that tows a 40 foot gooseneck trailer fairly regularly and has a small idea of the shit you guys go through.  The stupidity I see from people doing things in front of big rigs is insane, they have no clue of even the most simple laws of physics lol.

• Like 2

That would be a good reason to have video cams in all big trucks, that way if some moron passes the truck, swings over into their lane and slams on the brakes and they get rear ended, it's not the truckers fault, they get a negligent or reckless driving ticket, and the trucker moves on with all the info for insurance.

Another good reason is that if the moron swings in front of the truck but doesn't cause a wreck but it is close, it still reads the plate, and the driver of the car gets to go to drivers school and take the drivers test again, after that happens a few times they will quit doing that.

I am not saying I want video cams in all trucks though, I just see that as a way for truck drivers to protect themselves, but it can also show bad truck driving habits, like the truck drivers that don't use the turn outs or the ones that don't stay right in a passing lane situation on a hill when there is a line of cars behind them, one of my truck driving neighbors is one of them pricks, he is a nice guy, but he drives his truck like a prick.

• Like 1

Driving without headlights in a heavy downpour (rain/snow).

I drive everywhere with my lights on and here's why. Today's cars all have daytime running lights and other drivers expect to see headlamps. They glance into the sun or me in a shady lane and don't see them and think no one's there and pull out. Headlights say "I'm here"

• Like 2

^ I swear people don't recognise/see old cars

Started noticing in my 720 , people pulling out in front of me... Had some kid hop on his bike and try and cross an intersection as I was entering in my '80 200sx, my swerve to avoid threw the rear fender into his from tyre spun his handlebars . He gathered himself and ran the rest of the way...

Ive got tons of thoughts on this topic , want to right a book

Seems like the thread is overdue

Idiots who always have their driving lights on.

To me,you should never use them when there is oncoming

traffic.

In the mountains,there's nothing like coming around

a blind corner in the dark,only to be blinded by a driver who

won't shut them off.

• Like 2

Idiots who always have their driving lights on.

To me,you should never use them when there is oncoming

traffic.

In the mountains,there's nothing like coming around

a blind corner in the dark,only to be blinded by a driver who

won't shut them off.

I usually flash my brights and if that doesn't work, I just leave them on.