77 620 5 speed transmission

Apollo77

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the pic library, in your case, the derickisjapanese bucket, hover on the pic until three lines appear in the upper left corner of the pic. Share is one of the choices that will appear. Click on IMG code and paste on the forum page.

Photobucket has very long load times, so clicking on the pic to view it, and then copying it from there, makes it take so much longer.

BTW - I can't make heads or tails out of that transmission pic.

To me it looks like the tailshaft housing is busted wide open, you can see kind of a ragged line, that is the wall of the case pushed open a couple inches.

20170114_002642.jpg

See just to the left of where the line of fluid starts down where the case looks notched, that is broken, and that 1/4 inch  piece of metal is the inside of the case, just to the left of the jagged piece is the cross member.

I don't know, maybe a better photo is needed, if you take a better one where we can see the hole/damage and post the link like you did before, I can grab the IMG code and post it.

I am thinking that what looks like the tranny mount is in fact the case being pushed out a couple inches at the bottom, but my eyesight isn't what it used to be. :(

In a pinch, lube is lube.

The fluid you want will say yellow-safe or brlnze-safe.

Mostly you will find it in 75w-90 for weight.

The StaLube should be the easiest, most readily available to get ahold of.

Almost every maker has a yellow safe fluid...Stores don't stock it though because modern cars do not require this stuff.

Go to Napa. Should be on the shelf at most stores.

I think what flatcat is trying to say is - oil is oil, but you would be much happier if you used the proper oil.

Yes, the proper oil will help the transmission shift smoother. GL-4, not GL-5.

I use Redline MT-90, but it's expensive and I don't want customers complaining about poor shifting.